Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am loading up my trials bike this morning to travel to Lukenbach for the annual Harvest Classic. There is a vintage MC show, a trials, BBQ, live blues band, road racing movie at the end of the day, drawing to win a restored MC, lottery to win MC gear, rides, and often demo rides by Ducati. Many people ride in and camp out. I'm staying in a motel which must be reserved well in advance. The activities around Fredericksburg go nuts this time of year. There is also a classic car rally and a bicycle tour among other things so it can be crowded. This is not a HOG crowd but many interesting people. Proceeds go to charity. I am torn having to leave the FZ09 at home. Next year I may skip the trials and just ride there.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Don't forget to nab the road sign that says Welcome to Luckenbach, texas. O wait they made a concrete one so you can't do that anymore.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Returned yesterday. My youngest grandson won his class. I crashed heavily in one section and am sore as can be. I saw all brands of bikes from Ariel to Zundapp. Did not see one FZ09. I'll try to attach some photos. Oh-they did not have a blues band this year - Country Rock which was also good.
Antique Row.jpg Cory1.jpg Ducati.jpg

·
Registered
885 Posts
I crashed heavily in one section and am sore as can be.
...Out in Luckenbach, Texas ain't nobody feelin' no pain...

Guess that was then and this is now. Sorry about the crash and the pain, but congratulations to your grandson!

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I forgot to mention, I saw a Triumph in the parking lot that said SPEED 4. It looked brand new and was definitely a factory job. I have never heard of that model so I'm wondering exactly what I saw. It was a 4 cylinder. Is Triumph planning something?
Harvest Classic - me.jpg
My wife took this picture.

Stopped at the Triumph dealer Thursday and he told me that they produced a 4 cylinder bike before they went to triples. All I can say is, the owner has kept it perfect.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts