Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

Picked up #1393 in graphite on 2.13.14 and i gotta say i love it! Came off of a '05 cbr 600rr and was looking for something a little more "grown up" but still wanted the inner hooligan to come out and play. Boy did i pick the right bike! I'm from Mesa AZ and have logged just about 600 miles in the past 7 days. I did have an interesting purchasing experience though... I went through all the paperwork and literally had my keys and was good to go when the dealer noticed they had actually grabbed the wrong bike.... I did have work that afternoon so it wasn't a huge disappointment as my actual bike was still in the box and i was allowed to literally unbox my own bike and be the first person to touch it from the factory :). Already thinking about a custom exhaust setup with a hollowed muffler (like stock) and a slash cut tip :). Other than that just looking to keep the tires on the road (at least one).
Anyways, on to the pictures!

-Ryan

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Congrats on your new bike and welcome to the forum. Other people have seen their 09 being uncrated but you might be the first here to do it, cool.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nope route 87/ country club road just moved out to mesa so i have much more exploring to do! the other day i ended up riding down that road far enough that i hit a mountain range and had to turn around because the temperature dropped 15* lol but going up and down the bends was a blast!

·
Registered
734 Posts
U suck we have soo much flippin snow , oh wait were in a major storm now too , eeeeee 20 bucks I u can cross my yard in 5 minutes u pay med bills thought

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Welcome. Ride safe!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
835 Posts
Wow, right out of the box!

Thanks for posting that picture, my wife was wondering what the bike looked like when it is delivered.

Welcome and congrats!

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Nice bike buddy, we'll have to get together for a ride soon!

·
Registered
833 Posts
Mine also was in a crate the same day as my purchase. I waited several house for the techs to finish building it, double-check, start etc.

·
Registered
570 Posts
When I lived in Oregon and California, I had to make a special request to the dealer that the new bikes I was buying be uncrated and set up at the dealer; otherwise a third-party company did the setup and then brought the bike to the dealer.

Based on so many of you seeing your bikes be uncrated at the dealer, it sounds like third-party setup companies are not used so much anymore?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts