Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking into getting a go pro for my 09. I was wondering where you could get good mounting kits. I've never had one on any of my bikes so I'm open to any viewing angle. Any advice with this topic is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
314 Posts
The swing arm or tank works well. I always just used a suction cup. Helmet works as well, gotta use the sticky things it comes with for that.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
What is the least likely to vibrate and pixelate the video?
I would assume vibration on the handle bars. Can you guys chime in on quality of recording
on rougher roads or higher speeds?
Thanks

·
Registered
192 Posts
The swing arm or tank works well. I always just used a suction cup. Helmet works as well, gotta use the sticky things it comes with for that.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Just watch out for lean angles on your swingarm. I've ground down a GoPro case that way not thinking it thru. But the swingarm spool makes a great mounting point.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
What is the least likely to vibrate and pixelate the video?
I would assume vibration on the handle bars. Can you guys chime in on quality of recording
on rougher roads or higher speeds?
Thanks
I tried both gas tank with suction cup and mirror post with bicycle clamps. The gas tank seemed to shake, while the mirror post seems most stable.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
If I get a GoPro I want to make a mount that goes forward from the frame slider so the cam is a little forward of the lower right radiator corner.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I used the sticky mount plate and mounted it on the front brake master cylinder. I put two semi circle on either side to allow taking the reservoir off for maintenance. The slide in mount is loose fitting and vibrates some.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I've had it under the tail, on the bars and on the tank. Now that I have my stock mirrors removed, I'll probably get a more "permanent" mount there. Seems like a good view angle (no speedo!) and will stay locked in tight.

·
Registered
835 Posts

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Ahhh. Is there any way to use the empty mirror threads?

I thought I saw someone use that before.
A bunch of guys used their mirror holes on their SVs but because ours are reversed thread I haven't seen the same mount...

Sent from my hot secretary, dictated but not read

·
Registered
835 Posts
Ahhh. Is there any way to use the empty mirror threads?

I thought I saw someone use that before.
RAM Mirror Post Base for Harley-Davidson Motorcycles

Ram Mount makes one but it's $50. I've been considering getting the $5 GoPro universal tripod mount:
Amazon.com : GoPro Tripod Mount : Tripod Heads : Camera & Photo

And finding a way to affix it to the empty mirror post threading. I'm sure many other bikers have done it in the past but I haven't researched it yet. :D

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have various GoPro and RAM mounts that I have used on track & street bikes. I recently installed this RAM mount on my 09, RAM Mount Motorcycle Handlebar Clamp RAM-B-367U. The bolt simply replaces one of your handlebar clamp bolts. I cannot comment about vibration or video quality because I have not used the GoPro with this mount yet. However, it is at the stiffest point along the handlebars so there should be less vibration than say at the mirror connection.

·
Registered
835 Posts
That one is pretty cool but then I'd have to buy a Ram mount connection for my GoPro! :sad5:

·
Registered
133 Posts
1 - 20 of 46 Posts