Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
One too many cylinders for my taste, lol. JK. That looks pretty badass. I really like the Z1000 and this looks almost like it. I like the Z's front end better though. Looks like a pissed off alien or something.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
I like the look but is not on my Buy List. I like all the Naked bikes in one way or another......Maybe because their Naked, lol.

My next Buy is the KTM 390. You can Bank on it :cool:

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Don't Laugh -- Naked Beauty is always in the eye on the beholder......That there is someone's child....:eek:

·
Registered
291 Posts
Don't Laugh -- Naked Beauty is always in the eye on the beholder......That there is someone's child....:eek:
Not all naked is good naked...lol View attachment 8618
Someone's child, mother, sister, aunt, cousin...

Back on topic, I like the naked bike, but I don't know that I would want more power/weight in the upright position. Seems that you only want to go so fast before you'd want to be under the wind.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I'm glad the FZ-09 came out when it did. That would have been on my short list for sure, I am a Suzuki man at heart. Still waiting for them to take another shot at a naked bike with the Hayabusa power plant. Would love a B-King but they are hard to find.

Reactions: CB024

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
if you look closely, you can see it's not a recent gsx-r1000 engine they used, it's one from the k5 or k7 generation.

i doubt it's going to compete in the top tier super naked class (super duke 1290, s1000r, aprilia tuono, etc.), as it's not distinctive enough. so likely it will be up against the z1000, speed triple, cb1000r - in which case it will need to outclass them in terms of power, weight, or price....or all of the above.

otherwise go back to sleep, suzuki.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Oh, I agree it isn't in the Super naked class. It will do fine against the bikes you listed. Might not kill in any certain class but will be compete in all. People like a new option.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
i used to be a suzuki man as well (owned every generation gsx-r from the very beginning to early 2000's), so it saddens me a little to see that suzuki hasn't done anything interesting for the past several years. they can only use the recession as an excuse for so long.

here's what they could do to make the gsx-s1000 unique and compete against the super nakeds - put a turbo on it. doesn't have to be a big one, 50-75 hp would be enough. they already demonstrated a turbo concept bike, so this is one way to make it a reality and give suzuki some of that clout back.

for the mainstream, bring back the sv650 and punch it out to 700cc's or so and price it to compete with the 07. may as well bring back and update the sv1000 while they're at it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts