Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife is out of town, good time to surprise her with a Givi Windscreen.

Decent thickness steel brackets..

Screen mounted up..

and before I could move around to get some better pics, phone/camera issues ended the photo session.

Hopefully she likes it when she gets back next week and can share a ride report.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
I like the look of that on the orange. Looks like it would give decent wind protection too.
Would look good with that Black & orange Jacket you've got:cool:

Reactions: freudflintstone

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've not ridden her FZ since installing it, but she said it's made a nice difference and wants to keep it (I told her if she's not happy, I'll find something else to try). She's 5'10", fwiw.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Would look good with that Black & orange Jacket you've got:cool:
Then again, so would the new Puig screen that just arrived last week. I'll install next weekend.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I installed the same screen and really like it. The flatness of the Puig I didn't care for and the curve of the bottom of the screen matches the curve of the headlight better IMO.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Me too

I installed the Givi screen on my orange 09. It moves the wind blast to my shoulders and head. A much cleaner stream of air. Very little buffeting and legal freeway speeds. At felony speed, I dont feel like I am holding on for dear life. Much more control. I don't notice any movement/wobble of the screen. I like how it functions, and how it looks. I am 5'11".

·
Registered
62 Posts
I can tuck in pretty tight but I'm only 5'8". I need to do another high speed run with the new Renthal Fatbar I just installed and see how it feels. Gotta get some bar ends too, damn bar didn't come with caps.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts