Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't seen a post on these bags fitted on an XSR900 so here's a post about them!
Givi MT501 Metro-T Multilock Saddlebags Set - RevZilla

Bags1.jpg
Bags2.JPG
rack1.jpg
14370174_10154496519202154_4846928458700813792_n.jpg
14479593_10154496521027154_8619731403503441961_n.jpg

I chose these panniers over the sw-motech ones because they can be secured to the racks and they still kinda fit the looks of the bike. 18litre capacity for each pannier and can be locked with a simple padlock thru the zips (more of a deterrent though). Will fend off light drizzles but you should really use the included rain covers for anything heavier. Comes with straps with which you can attach to and use the pannier as a sling bag when you've reached your destination. The racks are slim and small enough to not be an eyesore with the bags off, and will function well as saddlebag stays for a bigger throwover bag for longer trips.

Installation of the racks is pretty straightforward. As with most MT series luggage, you got to remove the plastic cover and drill 2 holes in it. So, two mounting points under the seat, and 1 more to the signal light fixture for each rack.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I noticed that one of the mounting points is to the signal light fixture. I have the Evotech fender eliminator installed so I've lost that mounting point. I'm guessing the frames won't mount securely without it?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Nice! I was looking at the Givis, but ultimately went with the Shad36s since they offer more room (and are able to fit a helmet). Only con I have with them is they are a couple hundred dollars more than the Givis...

·
Registered
13 Posts
I noticed that one of the mounting points is to the signal light fixture. I have the Evotech fender eliminator installed so I've lost that mounting point. I'm guessing the frames won't mount securely without it?
I emailed Givi, their rack is fixed to the rear turn signal support, I have the Yamaha short licence plate holder on and it will not fit, as on any other aftermarket tail. I got myself the Hepco&Becker C-Bow Orbit cases, they have an adaptor to mount the frame on my new licence plate holder.

·
Registered
88 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
It is hard to tell from the pictures, but are the racks easily removed, or at least the tubular part? I would like the bags, but I don't use them so often that I always want to racks on.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Givi has also come out with racks for their hard side cases: GIVI PL2128 Tubular Side Case Racks For GIVI Monokey Side Cases For Yamaha XSR900 '16-'17 | TwistedThrottle.com

I have the Yamaha short license plate holder on my XSR, but when I look at the installation instructions for the PL2128 racks, it appears like it might work as they have included two brackets that bolt to the underside of the bike for the racks to attach. Been thinking about pulling the trigger to give them a try...
Givi wrote me they don't grant it fits. But the Hepco&Becker adaptor is a very very simple metal plate which replaces a mounting piece of the Yamaha short tail, so that you have the original turn signal fixing hole back in the right place. As soon as I can I'll add a picture of the H&B adapter instruction, it may help you understand. Givi bags are really really nice.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Givi has also come out with racks for their hard side cases: GIVI PL2128 Tubular Side Case Racks For GIVI Monokey Side Cases For Yamaha XSR900 '16-'17 | TwistedThrottle.com

I have the Yamaha short license plate holder on my XSR, but when I look at the installation instructions for the PL2128 racks, it appears like it might work as they have included two brackets that bolt to the underside of the bike for the racks to attach. Been thinking about pulling the trigger to give them a try...
Here are the Hepco&Becker instruction... you can see where the bags frame is fixed to the Yamaha short tail.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

And that's the adapter:

image.jpg

·
Registered
32 Posts
Nice to see there are a few options for side cases / bags / panniers. My first ride with Hepco & Becker. Very happy with these hard bags, not too large, look good on the bike.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
50 Posts
I like the SW-Motech. It give it the Retro look and they are easy to put on and off. When off the brackets still look good on the bike.

xsr-2.jpg

xsr900 S.jpg

·
Registered
14 Posts
I like the SW-Motech. It give it the Retro look and they are easy to put on and off. When off the brackets still look good on the bike.

View attachment 144666

View attachment 144674
I like the look of the soft bags.. i also like the look of the dual pipes.. really fancy the leo vince gp duals for mine.. but do they interfere with the panniers/bags ? whats the clearance like?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts