Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here are a couple of pictures of the Givi 3D600 Easylock Saddlebags on an FZ-09. They are mounted to the bike using the TE2115 saddlebag supports along with the 2115KIT adapter. I figured I'd post a couple pictures for anyone who is curious what they look like since there aren't many pictures out there. I am very happy with the way they turned out, Givi makes a great product!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Those look nice! How much for the entire set up (adapter, bags, mounts, etc.)? I would also like to see a pic with the bags off the bike and just the mounting hardware on. Also, are they easy to take on and off?

·
Registered
291 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
These look great- and my questions are the same- price, pictures without bags, pictures of mounting brackets and one more-will it fit with the OEM rack?
I was wondering if anyone was going to pull the trigger on these....whats the capacity on the bags?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here are a couple of pictures with the bags off, the brackets aren't the most attractive but I don't plan on having the bags off very often.

As far as capacity, they have a zipper on them that allows them to expand out another approx 2". I have an Arai Corsair-V full face helmet and I am able to fit it in a bag with it expanded out. It is a tight fit, kind of puts a little stress on the zippers but it will do in a pinch when I have to leave the helmet with the bike.

I ordered all of these through Twisted Throttle, pricing as follows:

2115KIT $44.10
TE2115 $114.30
TPH10 $314.10 (These are the 3D600 bags, just a different part number)

Total $472.50 with free shipping, not a bad deal

Hope these answered all of the questions.

Attachments

·
Registered
385 Posts
Hey any update on these, has anyone else ordered the Givi bags? Looks like Tim hasn't posted much, so wondering if any others on the forum have run these bags?

·
Registered
654 Posts
don't have them yet but I ordered the shad 36L hard cases yesterday. ill post pics once I have them

·
Registered
385 Posts
Yea, I have the passenger pegs still on and my Penske remote bracket is on the peg connection to the bike. I actually like these since the rack connects to the peg vs the bracket on the sub frame...

·
Registered
131 Posts
Revile says these mount brackets are not compatible with a '15 z09. Do any of you know of any reason this would be true? I assume they just haven't updated their system yet?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I purchased a set of these bags in October 2016 but sadly had some problems after about 3 to 4 months the carbon affect coating on the soft side of the bag started cracking all along the top of the bags, after 6 months I sent them back under the the warranty as the cracking has got even worse, the bonus so far is myhermes lost my parcel and I got a full refund. Has any one else had any problems with these bags as I still have the brackets fitted to my bike and wondering whether to take a chance and purchase another set of these bags? Also the brackets after just 6 months have gone quite rusty

Sent from my SGP611 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
346 Posts
Bumping an old thread - I have a Penske with remote reservoir like Bonham36 above, I'm trying to puzzle whether the TE2115 mounting brackets will interfere with the reservoir. Trying to look at the photos OP posted, but can't zoom in close enough to tell. Does anyone have better eyes than me?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Follow-up for the query above - these mount behind where a Penske remote shock fit - they install just fine. 4small.jpg

1 - 16 of 16 Posts