Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stopped by my dealer on my way home to find out that there are 19 dealerships that have not received any bikes mean while some are getting there second shipment that was told to them by the rep today they wanted to give me the reps phone number and that was a nice gesture and unless he is driving the delivery truck he will be of no help.
My dealer can see in the computer that the bike is in the warehouse he thinks they are holding it until they have more bikes coming this way. Now as gump once said "i am not a smart man" but just for argument sake lets say in the US we have 200 yamaha dealers now if you give 2 bikes to each thats 400 whats the problem Japan?. Anyway i wonder how many did get shipped on the first boat? I guess i would not be annoyed if my dealer never told me that the bike is logged in the warehouse and should ship in a week. oh well life goes on.

·
Registered
663 Posts
There are no bikes at my dealer yet either. I blame a lot of that on the latitude in which I live. Since we normally have snow by now, they probably figured what's the point. Oddly enough, it hasn't snowed yet, but that could change any day. My dealer says he's getting one in November to put on display, and six more in March. I have no idea how the bikes are allocated around the country. I knew along that there wouldn't be one on the Alaska roads until spring of 2014.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
A lot of the issue is business models: determining which area is likely to make the sales based on locale (regional preferences, weather, wealth, etc) and historical dealer success. Then add in the effort by the dealer to work the reps and get bikes assigned...

I'm also wondering why I got #389, highest VIN yet, next one down is 322, then 221. Somewhere there are 160 bikes between inroads (#221) and mine. Maybe because I put down a deposit and was pestering them repeatedly?

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
A lot of the issue is business models: determining which area is likely to make the sales based on locale (regional preferences, weather, wealth, etc) and historical dealer success. Then add in the effort by the dealer to work the reps and get bikes assigned...

I'm also wondering why I got #389, highest VIN yet, next one down is 322, then 221. Somewhere there are 160 bikes between inroads (#221) and mine. Maybe because I put down a deposit and was pestering them repeatedly?
Finally picked up my #549 EGY yesterday.

·
Registered
37 Posts
My bike is #17

·
Registered
46 Posts
I finally got the call, picked the bike up at Skagit Power Sports in Burlington Wa. and got a short ride today, I have had 2 gixxer 1000''s ,an R1 and the FZ 09 has more power in the lower revs, amazing torque.I know this is getting beat into the ground but it's all true. It's like a;) dirtbike on steroids, light and even more maneuverable,at high or low speeds. The throttle is sensitive [A mode] but not overly so, I had all the play taken out of the cables in the dealer set up, at least they said they adjusted them, anyway there is no play. I have found having no slack in throttles on my 520 and 500 ktm EXCs made them much easier to control but like the 09 any input of the wrist is translated into motion "now". I still think fueling can be improved, and I look forward to the ECU mods. VIN number 380.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I finally got the call, picked the bike up at Skagit Power Sports in Burlington Wa. and got a short ride today, I have had 2 gixxer 1000''s ,an R1 and the FZ 09 has more power in the lower revs, amazing torque.I know this is getting beat into the ground but it's all true. It's like a;) dirtbike on steroids, light and even more maneuverable,at high or low speeds. The throttle is sensitive [A mode] but not overly so, I had all the play taken out of the cables in the dealer set up, at least they said they adjusted them, anyway there is no play. I have found having no slack in throttles on my 520 and 500 ktm EXCs made them much easier to control but like the 09 any input of the wrist is translated into motion "now". I still think fueling can be improved, and I look forward to the ECU mods. VIN number 380.
Nice 380 = .380acp

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Roger check out my post "Truck has landed"...good luck
Thanks R1 although my salesman says he would not be upset with me if i bought elsewhere i think i would be feeling guilty for pretty much guarantying him a sale. I know in the grand scheme of things its just a bike (ok maybe the best bike ever) and i am not going to die with out it. I just probably needed to vent.

·
Registered
34 Posts
"although my salesman says he would not be upset with me if i bought elsewhere i think i would be feeling guilty for pretty much guarantying him a sale."

I'm in the same boat Roger.

Waiting is the hardest part.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
I feel the same way. My salesman was an old racing buddy, and an all around good guy. I will just have to stand by while others pick theirs up.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think I had one of the first orders in the state of New Jersey. But will likely be one of the last to have my order filled. Two bikes have come through the door of my dealer. Both bikes were the wrong color. I am holding out for the Rapid Red. Hopefully this Tuesday but my hopes are dimming.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Rob, holding out for the "Ironman" version is IMHO worth the wait. Don't worry, Yamaha can make more.

My daughter said it looked like Ironman - I hadn't really made the connection, just liked the red and gold, but yeah it does - and if you remember the movie when he is testing out his new boots and says "ok, lets try that with 10% thrust" and gets slammed into a wall.... That's kind of what it's like to ride

Here's a tease

1 - 15 of 15 Posts