Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking if using the Yamaha accessory GPS mount, but I cannot figure out how it would mount and not block the gauges. Anyone using this? If so, can you post us some pics? Also, anyone know the dimensions?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Which GPS do you have and where do you want to mount it? The Ram mounts are popular.
I want to use this factory mount to fabricate an attachment that would include power adapter and smart phone mount. I don't have a gps outside of my phone. I can't even find a picture of one of these on any fz06 using Google.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Ok, which smart phone? There should be a holder for it including power available, and that you and use with the RAM system.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
I just finished my setup and will post pics tomorrow. I am using a Ram cradle for a 5" Nuvi, and I waterproofed my Garmin case and screen. I even disassembled it with a YouTube DYI for a battery replacement tutorial and removed the speaker to seal it off. I also made a rubber gasket for the USB cable. Full report coming soon. I spent $125 on the GPS, so I saved $500 over a ZUMO. I decided to do it after seeing my buddies Zumo croak on a rainy trip through Seattle. I would rather loose $100 over $700.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts