Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
It looks like I will be making a carbon fiber overlay to replace the front blinker assembly when I dump the stock blinkers.
Nice!!! I have a buddy that lays Carbon Fiber. That ish is time consuming! If you get them dialed, I would love to see them!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I like the idea of the LED taillights, although I will put them on my own fender eliminator. I hope they have fronts as well. I was thinking of trying to move the fronts inboard more, or maybe put them inside the mesh of the two intake tubes, providing they are fake. Time will tell.

·
Registered
188 Posts
mrrrrmm.. looking through the 5 pages of the accessories... whether generic or specific... page 2 .. in the harris stand photo... i like the look of that "drain hole" sized exhaust pipe!!? .. but the swingarm is from something else :(

also page 2 ... Mink Oil .. seriously?! WTF? ..... like just a name? .. or from actual minks?... weird!

·
Registered
3,008 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Wonder if they will ever start marketing Beaver Oil ?? ... I've seen a few very wet slippery beavers over the years! ;) :rolleyes:

·
Registered
699 Posts
Wonder if they will ever start marketing Beaver Oil ?? ... I've seen a few very wet slippery beavers over the years! ;) :rolleyes:
While quite nice in certain situations, the upkeep of something like Beaver Oil teeters on being not worth it. It's effectiveness is directly linked to where your underwear are placed in the bathroom... ;)

·
Registered
188 Posts
my underwear never gets left in the bathroom.... only the rest of the family it seems... .whats with that!?.... the bloody laundry is 2.5 metres away and they have to go past it on the way to anywhere else!?!...

also .. Beaver Oil ... has a bigger fluctuation in production vs value than Zimbabwe $$ ... :confused:

Reactions: FazerKat

·
Registered
354 Posts
You may be able to get led turn signals by going to your local auto parts store i.e. Autozone, pep boys,advanced auto.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm thinking that it would only take my bending some 1/2" flat stock, drilling to fit the mounting screw location , and the aftermarket Puig "sport shield" from my Ducati Multistrada would fit perfectly.$92 from Amazon.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I bought my FZ-09 back in Nov. and ordered the Harris swing arm stand at the same time. It finally came in last week. I went 40 miles to pick it up and get my cam chain tensioner replaced under warranty. (see thread on that elsewhere.)
I knew I could get the stand home on the bike some how. The head mechanic disappeared and came back with some electrical tape and a fistful of wire ties. Here's the result. Dumb as it seems, it worked without damaging the bike in any way and was quite secure.
BTW, the stand is a very nice stainless one with trick ball-bearing wheels and simple, sturdy construction. The Fz goes right up with ease. Note: Before anyone responds, yes, I realize I installed the spool forks backwards and they have been corrected. :rolleyes:
IMG_7537.jpg IMG_7538.jpg IMG_7539.jpg IMG_7540.jpg IMG_7541.JPG

Reactions: Itaride

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Did you try putting it around your neck with the wheels tucked behind you? That is how I move mine from my garage to my shop.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts