Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to change my gear ratio So that i could Finish the 1/4 mile in gear 6 in the Red line.
I was tinking about having a - 1 in front and a +3 on the Rear sproket!
My question is... Obviously this change is gonna make the speed displayed wrong and since i havent made a reflash, my speed limiter is going to stop the bike at 225 kmh but the real bike speed would be Maybe 190 kmh... Right?
Ive seen that the "speedohealer" can remove the factory speed limiter and correct the offset with the speed displayed and the actual speed of the bike...
But is it possible to correct the offset of the speedo with a ECU flash?

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
The Speedo Healer work good... that would be about 12.1% correction (RED as in minus) good for around 142MPH top speed. I think it can be change with the flash...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just throwing this out there, you might end up being slower in the quarter mile with shorter gearing.
It's hard to keep the front end down with stock gearing, shorter gearing might make it worse.

Maybe go up 1 in the front and finish in 5th?

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
Am I wrong here...I didn't think the speedohealer removed the top speed limiter?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just throwing this out there, you might end up being slower in the quarter mile with shorter gearing.
It's hard to keep the front end down with stock gearing, shorter gearing might make it worse.

Maybe go up 1 in the front and finish in 5th?
I might as well end up buying a -1 in front and a +1 in the rear....just to start testing!

The Speedo Healer work good... that would be about 12.1% correction (RED as in minus) good for around 142MPH top speed. I think it can be change with the flash...
So if i understand, i would have to reflash my ECU to remove the speed limiter and buy a speedohealer to adjust the real speed?

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
I might as well end up buying a -1 in front and a +1 in the rear....just to start testing!

So if i understand, i would have to reflash my ECU to remove the speed limiter and buy a speedohealer to adjust the real speed?
YEP! You can contact FT to double check. I think they can fix the gearing thing with the flash but then you need to ship your ECU every time you change your gearing even if they can do it.

·
Registered
111 Posts
In stock trim the MT09 (not sure about the FZ09) speedo over reads, you are going slower than the speedo is reading, if you go up one tooth on the front sprocket the speedo will be very very close to being spot on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts