Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Trying to find a White leather jacket in size Large-Tall. I've long arms, sleeve length 35". That sleeve length is only available in size XL or 2XL which feels baggy. I've tried quiet a few local stores and online stores (Revzilla, Motorcyclegear) but unable to find one. Anyone out there with same issue, do you compromise and just get 2XL or were you able to locate one. Please let me know, I dont want to spend so much money on a leather jacket if I can't find a good fit.

Thanks.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Hi,

Trying to find a White leather jacket in size Large-Tall. I've long arms, sleeve length 35". That sleeve length is only available in size XL or 2XL which feels baggy. I've tried quiet a few local stores and online stores (Revzilla, Motorcyclegear) but unable to find one. Anyone out there with same issue, do you compromise and just get 2XL or were you able to locate one. Please let me know, I dont want to spend so much money on a leather jacket if I can't find a good fit.

Thanks.
Not sure what to tell you my man, but I think the only options you have are to go with the larger size, otherwise you're sacrificing protection. I'm 6'3 with 36" sleeves on all my dress shirts and I usually go with 2xl. My jackets are both AlpineStars, and 2xl fits perfect. That being said, it depends on body composition too: I'm 215 with a very athletic build so I fill them out. If you're like 180 you might just have to go for some adventure touring jackets with a bunch of adjustment straps and crank them all down.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Like Rale says I had to get the larger jacket and crank down all the straps. Mine is a Joe Rocket textile not sure about straps on a leather one.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I'm in a similar boat. Depending on how much you want to spend you can contact one of the following:

1.)Z Custom Leathers
2.)Bates Custom Leathers
3.)Vanson Leathers
4.)Syed Leathers

They all do custom sizing tailored to your measurements so you get an exact fit to your body. That's the route I'm going once I drop my weight. In the mean time I think first gear does tall sizing as well as the others mentioned in this thread.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
@ Rale, yes I'm about 173lb. I've tried Alpinestar, even for size 48 sleeve lenth is slightly short on the wrist bone with arms bent.
@ Weaponzero, I've seen Joe Rockets leather jackets in size large and tall on motorcyclegear.com, like you said only in black and only 1 or 2 options.
@ Gearhead, Scorpion makes tall sizes according to there usa website (unfortunately cant order directly from their site), but when you locate a retail or online dealer the size is either not available or out of stock.
@ Uberwrench, I'guess I could go for size XL and crank down the straps, but I was trying to see if I could find better fit when spending that kind of amounts on leather jackets.
@CB024, thank for the info I'm going to check out custom sizing, hope they are good quality and not that expensinve, cant find leather jackets in Firstgear, I think it's all textile. Good luck loosing weight.

Thanks guys, I'll post if I find something that works for me.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Some Olympia textile pants are extra long intended for the owner to have them custom hemmed. Their pants and jackets often have numerous adjustment straps for a custom fit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts