Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
So those replace the factory covers? Or go over the factory covers?

Reactions: Klye07

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
very nice, I like the finish better than the R&G. I might be going this route.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
My only complaint is their branding plates could be a more subtle. Perhaps someone can tell them to make to just put a 'GB' on it and nix the rest.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Got them! Shitty photos from my cell phone in the garage, but you get the idea. Fit was perfect, as usual. :)

Dave-love how those look. Notice you got the full set, any problems with the install or fitment issues? Did you have any fluid seepage when you installed them? Looks as if only a few of the bolts are removed per cover, so there's no need to remove each OEM cover, correct? Nice job-looks really good.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Fitment is perfect. I've installed 3 sets on 3 different bikes this year and all were a 100% fit with no installation difficulty.

If any could be called difficult it will be the FZ. The hose clamp on the water pump needed to be flipped (clearly in their instructions). On the clutch side, the OEM heat shield gets removed but it has a tab that holds some wires. Not really necessary but I wanted to keep that tab so I hacksawed it off.

On the water pump 1 drop of coolant came out (definitely install these when the engine is dead cold) and on the stator cover one bolt had a spot of oil but none dripped. Both possible fluid leaks were in their instructions too.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
FYI for those who were wondering about removing the logos, they appear to be glued on logo plates. I got a tiny screwdriver under the edge of one and was able to lift it slightly. I didn't try to remove it, so I don't know how difficult it might be.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts