Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I the only person that has a hard time with the gauge cluster located so far to the right. I want to move it over to the left a couple of inches. I may have to take it apart and make a new bracket to relocate it a bit more towards the center. There is only just a few millimeters clearance to the master cylinder also.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Am I the only person that has a hard time with the gauge cluster located so far to the right. I want to move it over to the left a couple of inches. I may have to take it apart and make a new bracket to relocate it a bit more towards the center. There is only just a few millimeters clearance to the master cylinder also.
The off center placement makes it easier to place a smart phone in the heads up zone...at least in theory...I haven't done his yet.

·
Registered
380 Posts
it doesn't bother me too much. I got used to it and I have to wear glasses for computer/reading.
but ... I don't know. I like this a little
LCD Display
mount it on the left to balance things out maybe

·
Registered
380 Posts
Lol :) redeye that was awesome

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I made all of the bar measurements and all of the available Pro Taper type bars are too far off for me, so I am keeping the stock bars and mounting my handguards, Fasst Company dampner inserts, Pro Grip Superbike Gel grips, and driving lights switch. Stay tuned.

·
Registered
232 Posts
i like the Gauge Cluster on the right it makes it different from other bikes and makes it stand out and the bike is so awesome i can get used to some quirks nice to have something that doesn't fit in the same old cookie cutter mold as all the other bikes and easy to access the key... my 2 cents lol...

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Steve, where do you want it to be? Probably will be a while before such a thing is on the market, and I doubt riders will agree with where it should be lol. I want it down by the key deck. Your best bet is make your own re-locator, it is doable.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Steve, where do you want it to be? Probably will be a while before such a thing is on the market, and I doubt riders will agree with where it should be lol. I want it down by the key deck. Your best bet is make your own re-locator, it is doable.
I'd say at the same level but centered....I'm waiting for someone to make a professional looking bracket for this but no one has one up just yet. I'd think there'd be a market for it too.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts