Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
personally, i like the stock white backlighting, but for those of you who want a different color, Welcome to Bluegauges.com should be able to do it. i don't see the 09 listed on their page so they probably haven't done any yet. they usually just charge parts cost and shipping if you're the first to send them a gauge they haven't seen before.

this is just a heads up, i'm not affiliated with them but have used them in the past with great results.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Pretty cool. After looking at those pics, I would really like to have an Analog tach on this thing.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Pretty cool. After looking at those pics, I would really like to have an Analog tach on this thing.
How about putting a light yellow window tint on the gauge, that should help at night, and can still see the reading in the day time. I put a peice up in front of gauge and it worked have not mounted it permit yet but going to tap it in place to test while riding for a while, is the gauge glass or plastic.

·
Registered
9 Posts
How about putting a light yellow window tint on the gauge, that should help at night, and can still see the reading in the day time. I put a peice up in front of gauge and it worked have not mounted it permit yet but going to tap it in place to test while riding for a while, is the gauge glass or plastic.
There are a couple of people selling back grounds for the MT 09, BLUE is like the Yamaha SP, YELLOW and RED which I put in both of my MT 09'S works great looks assume.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I exchanged a stock taillight assembly for red colored gauge faces from a vendor years ago. It still looks great and would do it again. It doesn't change daytime appearance/visibility at all.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I exchanged a stock taillight assembly for red colored gauge faces from a vendor years ago. It still looks great and would do it again. It doesn't change daytime appearance/visibility at all.
Ya I put the YELLOW one in one of my MT's and the RED in another look assume, have the blue which is like the SP but wanted to be different,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts