Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone put a tank pad on yet? I'm hesitant to do so because i don't like the look and i don't completely see the need. I see the clear alternatives that i might do and I'm also thinking about the clear chip protection that they put on cars. I just want to prevent my belt or zipper from marring the beautiful Graphite paint i have. Thanks!

-z

·
Registered
235 Posts
I've got a real carbon fiber tank pad with the Yamaha logo in it.. I think it works beautifully with the shape and color of the tank.. I'll post pics as soon as I can.

Reactions: zloikish

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
I have ordered the clear static sheets from Tankslappers and plan on making templates for the center and sides. I have had great luck with their pre-cut protectors on several bikes. It is almost invisible. My bike is going to be red with a black stripe down the center which is why I am going with clear. The 3M adhesive car type tends to yellow and get funky around the edges. I am in the automotive business.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Has anyone put a tank pad on yet? I'm hesitant to do so because i don't like the look and i don't completely see the need. I see the clear alternatives that i might do and I'm also thinking about the clear chip protection that they put on cars. I just want to prevent my belt or zipper from marring the beautiful Graphite paint i have. Thanks!

-z
Stoltec Moto has a group by on going for tank pads and protectors

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Reactions: cjhorton

·
Registered
235 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
235 Posts
Thank you zlo and moto.. I'm very happy with how it turned out considering its not FZ specific.

Reactions: zloikish
1 - 11 of 11 Posts