Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have been lurking on the forum for ad out a month or so now, and decided it was time to register.
I currently own a FZ6R and will be upgrading to a MT09 some time next year hopefully.

This looks like a great forum & blokes/gals and have learnt a lot here in 4 weeks.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Have you picked an 09 color? Of course by the time you buy different colors might be available.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the welcome.
I have decided on a colour, matt grey.
I called into the dealers this afternoon on the way home from work, and they actually had a grey one on the floor to look at. It is going to be a long wait:(

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hi Welcome well worth the wait. I had thought of getting a Orange one but the 12 weeks wait was too long so got a racing Blue one.
Great bikes and a world of difference from the FZ6, you are going to have some real fun, just be carefukl as the torque can be a bit of a shock compared to the FZ6

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Any of you around Perry, GA? Need a drinking buddy. Applebee's...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am one step closer to my mt09, I sold my fz6r yesterday so now I am officially on the hunt:cool:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Nice one, I had the FZ6N prior to this (although many sports bikes previously) and boy are you going to have fun, the torque, brakes etc are so far ahead of the FZ6.
I went for the racing blue as the OCD side of me couldn't figure out how to polish a matte bike, plus the bling of the blue wheels are better in person than on the web.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks, I quiet like hanging out here, bucket loads of info. Things have moved pretty quick for me, I put a deposit down on a second hand mt09 yesterday. It will be a while till I have it though as it is in Perth and I have to organise some freight for it when everyone goes back to work on the 5th of Jan.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks, I quiet like hanging out here, bucket loads of info. Things have moved pretty quick for me, I put a deposit down on a second hand mt09 yesterday. It will be a while till I have it though as it is in Perth and I have to organise some freight for it when everyone goes back to work on the 5th of Jan.
Remember to take it to a dealer as soon as you can to reflash the ECU... assuming the previous owner hasn't done it yet, although I cannot understand why anyone would own a 2014 MT-09 and don't reflash the ECU as soon as the new maps were available.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Remember to take it to a dealer as soon as you can to reflash the ECU... assuming the previous owner hasn't done it yet, although I cannot understand why anyone would own a 2014 MT-09 and don't reflash the ECU as soon as the new maps were available.
Thanks, I am planning to get vcyclenut to wave his magic wand at at:cool:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Thanks, I am planning to get vcyclenut to wave his magic wand at at:cool:
There are people in Aus that can do the flash. Check to see if the owner can have ECUwest do it prior to leaving, might be a little tricky given the time of year.

The MT09 & FZ09 ECU's are quite different.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts