Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How does the bike's three fuel maps work with a Power Commander unit installed? I would like to smooth out some of the throttle twitch. Would the PC unit override the existing three mode setting?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
I haven't used a Power Commander but the company seems to have a good reputation.

I'll be going with the FlashTune via Stoltec http://www.yamahafz09.com/forum/10-fz-09-builds/412-stoltec-project-bike-gonna-long-thread.html instead of adding a computer to the bike like P.C. it reprograms the stock ECU, you still have 3 distinct modes.

I'll get the Flashtune version that lets the owner customize the maps with a laptop while the ECU is still on the bike.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
I don't think Dynojet have their PCV ready for the fz09 yet. I did work with EJK fuel controller to get something together and it work very well. Its pretty much an old two bros juice box. A bit more limited than the other oprions but the fz09 map is not that off and don't need much to be running good.

Thats what I use on my bike with my exhaust and even the dyno tech said I won't get more with a PCV.

If you need more adjustment than some fuel trim I would suggest you the flash tune. I don't think dumping $400 on a PCV worth it... Dynojet is kind of floating in the middle where its too expensive for what it does...

EJK controller or flash tune is the way to go. All depend of your needs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
418 Posts
I'm a firm believer in Power Commander and WILL NOT install anything else on my bikes! Their Auto Tune is AMAZING to say the least. No need for a set map or a dyno tune, it does it all automatically. I have one on my '07 R1 full Akrapovic exhaust blah blah blah. And one one my '08 Honda 700xx ATV with every bolt on that's made for it LOL! But my buddies R1 has the same mods as mine, his has a "custom tune" and his bike made 1.2hp less than mine with the PC5 and Auto Tune! He spent at least a grand on tuning I spent less than $500 for it all with better results. The second the PC5 is available for the FZ09 I'm ordering one!

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I actually will be testing Power Commander + Auto Tune on My FZ-09 tomorrow. This of course is dialed in for the new Graves exhaust. I will let you know how it feels.. I'm told its smoother than before.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
I'm a firm believer in Power Commander and WILL NOT install anything else on my bikes! Their Auto Tune is AMAZING to say the least. No need for a set map or a dyno tune, it does it all automatically. I have one on my '07 R1 full Akrapovic exhaust blah blah blah. And one one my '08 Honda 700xx ATV with every bolt on that's made for it LOL! But my buddies R1 has the same mods as mine, his has a "custom tune" and his bike made 1.2hp less than mine with the PC5 and Auto Tune! He spent at least a grand on tuning I spent less than $500 for it all with better results. The second the PC5 is available for the FZ09 I'm ordering one!
I have the Auto tune, PCV and also the LCD-200. It does work well but not bullet proof. To get the map right on it need a lot if time on it. Especially if you run TPS base map only. If yoy hook up the map sensor and use it as a 3D map tune combine with the acceleration pump I agree that it does very well. I built map for the FZ6R that most of the member are still using to these days. Even with the TBPro.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
I actually will be testing Power Commander + Auto Tune on My FZ-09 tomorrow. This of course is dialed in for the new Graves exhaust. I will let you know how it feels.. I'm told its smoother than before.
Connected parallele with the stock O2 sensor?

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Connected parallele with the stock O2 sensor?

I believe so, The exhaust has dedicated Auto-tune sensor port.

·
Registered
91 Posts
An email I just received from Dynojet

Now that I’m back in the office I was able to look at some notes when we tested the FZ-09 and I can see that in 5-6th gears the ECU pulls the throttle blades back fairly aggressively. I doubt we will have a way to override this but once we get a bike in here we will do more testing. Thanks. Dustin Schaller, Senior Product Manager

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
An email I just received from Dynojet

Now that I’m back in the office I was able to look at some notes when we tested the FZ-09 and I can see that in 5-6th gears the ECU pulls the throttle blades back fairly aggressively. I doubt we will have a way to override this but once we get a bike in here we will do more testing.
that's the speed limiter. only way to overcome this is by flashing the ecu.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts