Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went on a ride today and put 630km on the fz09. A buddy of mine has the fz8 so we traded for awhile. The fz8 is a nice bike. the pegs are in a poor spot tho. The bike rides smooth IMO But I have to say the POWER of the FZ09 is soooo sweet compared to the fz8. I looked at pulling the trigger on the fz8 when I was shopping and I'm very satisfied with the purchase that I have made. Just had such a great ride today In the valley.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
My dealer has a New 2013 FZ8 for $5,999.00 lol

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I considered the FZ8 too- it was going for about $6500 (or lower) otd just before the 09 hit the floor! The 09 has the engine character and ergos I like and am familiar with- it is just so much more fun.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What was your buddy's reaction to the FZ09?
He said he should of spent the extra 1k. Lol. But I have to say he has a very nice looking bike.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I considered the FZ8 too- it was going for about $6500 (or lower) otd just before the 09 hit the floor! The 09 has the engine character and ergos I like and am familiar with- it is just so much more fun.
You know to be honest I was more confident going hard into corners on the fz8. I was looking at the two bikes side by side and the 09 is higher. I'm guessing that on the 08 you sit lower the bike to me is more nible

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
The trip to the lookoff is a great ride :thumbsup: I too, almost pulled the trigger on the FZ8, but I'm glad I got the 09. You will have to adapt your style to really drive the 09 into corners... keep shifting your body position bit by bit until you find the sweet spot...

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The trip to the lookoff is a great ride :thumbsup: I too, almost pulled the trigger on the FZ8, but I'm glad I got the 09. You will have to adapt your style to really drive the 09 into corners... keep shifting your body position bit by bit until you find the sweet spot...
Any others on here from Nova Scotia?

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
You know to be honest I was more confident going hard into corners on the fz8. I was looking at the two bikes side by side and the 09 is higher. I'm guessing that on the 08 you sit lower the bike to me is more nible
Oh, you're going to be in trouble in these parts with that attitude! :p
But, actually I find the 09's supermoto stance (and lightness) more nimble and flickable- but maybe 'cos I just came off a KTM and I find the lean-forward position of sportsbikes extremely uncomfortable for all 6' of my height. Though it did seem like a decent bike, the FZ8, to me, felt like trying to steer a cow! :p

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
The FZ8 may be the best deal in motorcycling right now. Here's one at a dealer not far from me...and this is the price before any haggling:

2013 Yamaha FZ8 Stock: 245678 | Abernathy's Cycle
The 8 is a nice bike too. Once you do the R779 conversion (R1 cams & tune) That thing is a beast! The 8 was right there on top of the list and the 09 show up... couldn't resist. I by far prefer the torquy mid range of the 09 over the FZ8, even the FZ1 that I tried. Top end rush is fantastic but mid range torque get you out of trouble...

·
Registered
187 Posts
i wish so hard the fz8 was a better bike but they just dropped the ball on it, too mediocre, shoulda been like the fz09 but wasn't

·
Registered
112 Posts
Try throwing buell clubman bars on your 09'er. Made me probably 10 times as confident pushing it into corners. :)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Try throwing buell clubman bars on your 09'er. Made me probably 10 times as confident pushing it into corners. :)
What's the price of the bars?

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Reactions: Kilo
1 - 20 of 20 Posts