Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was a beautiful day and my buddy with a 2008 r6 with a yoshimura asked me to go for a ride so I couldn't decline the invitation right ? I never really drove with another bike because I am fairly new to biking and the fz09 is my first motorcycle. Anyways, it was a blast! I was a bit jealous that my fz still had the stock setup, i've been waiting for my m4 slip on since may 23rd and they just sent it from california past wednesday due to them being late in production I believe. The r6 runs really well, but there's not a chance in the world that you would see me driving one of those bike. It's just the way you sit on it, the location of the handlebar… great bike but my fz09, I tell you guys, is just the best. Not only I have the graphite blue color on it (the fastest color), but this triple does the trick for me everytime. I ride in A mode only. We didn't race or anything, but every once in a while, we were givin' her. To be quite honest with all of you, I think there's no replacement for displacement. That is ALL.

If someone wants to be quicker than the fz 09, they will need more than 849cc…

Ps: Go check on youtube. There's a new fz09/mt09 (In french) testing the bike to the max by professional riders.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
A 2014 stock supersport 600cc will pull on the fz09 after it shifts out of 2nd. Which is it at over 100mph. It may pull slightly before that but without a doubt after 100 you won't be able to keep up. The way those bikes are geared they are hard to beat on a highway.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
I had several 600 supersports which is why I am interested in comparing the fz-09 against them. I bought the fz-09 because it has the acceleration of a 600 supersport with more torque and an upright riding position. After I hurt my back, riding supersports just wasn't fun anymore.

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
I can tell you without any doubt whatsoever, my FZ09 will pull away from my 600RR until I'm at 100+ MPH....given equal launches.

·
Registered
141 Posts
The fz will also destroy a 600 from the line without needing silly revs to do so. In fact, barely any revs. Launching an R6 on the street hard enough to match an enthusiastically ridden fz needs revs high enough that you'd be effectively holding up a sign to any passers-by saying 'look at me, i'm a cock'.

·
Registered
42 Posts
The fz09 will beat the 600 off the line but the 600 will start pulling once it gets reved up. One of my riding buddies has a 06 gsxr and it's nothing to laugh about.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts