Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So on Monday night, I was coming home from work, I was about to turn left into my neighborhood when a fuggin Camaro decided he needed to be in my lane more than me.

I laid on the horn, took off and made the turn, well this psycho fuq ran me down, and hit me. I hit the ground, rung my bell HARD.

Well, before I even knew which way was up, he was stomping me, kicking me, and punching me through my helmet. I hit him in the gut to get him off me (I'm still dizzy as a mofo), and managed to grab his neck (thinking to myself; he needs to die now), and kept telling him to fuq off, leave me alone. he was still swinging, and then the cops showed up.

Pulled him to the ground, and sat me down. They exchanged insurance info, took our stories down, and sent me off in an ambulance due to me being dizzy and my foot bleeding through my boot (turned out to be a 2" long, 3/4" deep laceration on the bottom of my foot, 2 fractured ribs, cut on shoulder, and a missing tooth).

The bastard got let go, even after I said I wanted to press charges, but they told me they would NOT press Assault with a deadly weapon "because they didn't see it happen".

So that was my Monday, how 'bout you?

PS: After I got released from the hospital, I taxi'd back to my bike and rode it home, the forks are effed, the muffler is trashed, and my radiator is bent, along with other crap.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
You can press charges yourself....go to the police station tell them you want to file charges and they should be able to walk you through it.

Glad your OK, hopefully they do something to the loony dude in the Camaro

·
Registered
97 Posts
You might want to work with a lawyer. I bet you weren't his first trophy.
Lawyer up now!

Get someone with a good digital camera take pictures of all your scrapes/ bruises/cuts/busted tooth, etc and don't let another day pass. Same with the bike. Same with the bloody boot. Get copies of the emergency room report of what they found and treated you for. If there are any stains/scrapes in the roadway where you went down, take pics of that as well. Give all this to the attorney and let them tear this guy up in court. Hit him legally and financially as far as possible.

·
Registered
97 Posts
And....

delete this thread and don't make any more statements here or anywhere else like FB, Twitter or any online forum. Don't let anything in print get turned against you somehow, because that's what the psycho's attorney is going to look for. Don't speak to anyone, even the police, without your attorney being present or approving the questions. Button your lip.

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
DRX........PM me if you want the whole thread deleted.

Reactions: jawknee21

·
Registered
245 Posts
All I can say is holy $hit people are crazy. Glad you made it out as well as you did. It also makes me really, really think that buying a go pro is the way to go.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I'd like to hear the Camaro's version of the story on the police report. How about posting it up?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
13 days and I'll have it.

Reactions: jawknee21

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
13 days and I'll have it.
I suggest you don't post it, PM it, or share it with anyone except your attorney. Same goes for any other documents related to this situation.:cool:

Reactions: Lateralus

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
duly noted.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
So on Monday night, I was coming home from work, I was about to turn left into my neighborhood when a fuggin Camaro decided he needed to be in my lane more than me.

I laid on the horn, took off and made the turn, well this psycho fuq ran me down, and hit me. I hit the ground, rung my bell HARD.

Well, before I even knew which way was up, he was stomping me, kicking me, and punching me through my helmet. I hit him in the gut to get him off me (I'm still dizzy as a mofo), and managed to grab his neck (thinking to myself; he needs to die now), and kept telling him to fuq off, leave me alone. he was still swinging, and then the cops showed up.

Pulled him to the ground, and sat me down. They exchanged insurance info, took our stories down, and sent me off in an ambulance due to me being dizzy and my foot bleeding through my boot (turned out to be a 2" long, 3/4" deep laceration on the bottom of my foot, 2 fractured ribs, cut on shoulder, and a missing tooth).

The bastard got let go, even after I said I wanted to press charges, but they told me they would NOT press Assault with a deadly weapon "because they didn't see it happen".

So that was my Monday, how 'bout you?

PS: After I got released from the hospital, I taxi'd back to my bike and rode it home, the forks are effed, the muffler is trashed, and my radiator is bent, along with other crap.
Sounds like The other guy was "still swinging when the cops showed up."

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
And damage to the bike and damage to his car will say who hit who...
pictures are your friend.
even skid marks/drag marks on the road.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Damn, I am afraid I would have dropped the guy with my piece and claimed self defense. Easy to prove that you did not hit him. Motorcycles don't assault cars. It is like bringing a knife to a gun fight.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Damn, I am afraid I would have dropped the guy with my piece and claimed self defense. Easy to prove that you did not hit him. Motorcycles don't assault cars. It is like bringing a knife to a gun fight.
I wish that was an option here, and for future rides for me, it just may be.

I'm no longer going to commute anymore.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Gives me pause... from giving too strong response to a cager, though it doesn't sound like you excessively provoked.
Just never know what might happen. Man, what nonsense.
Sorry to hear this. Hopefully this gets sorted without too much hassle.
Thanks for sharing. Food for thought.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts