Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an FZ6R that I'm trading in when my FZ09 is ready next week and I have a special drain plug that I use in my FZ6R that I'd like to use in the 09. Does anyone know if the bolt sizes are the same?

Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have an FZ6R that I'm trading in when my FZ09 is ready next week and I have a special drain plug that I use in my FZ6R that I'd like to use in the 09. Does anyone know if the bolt sizes are the same?

Thanks,
Steve
Take thw one from the fz6 and try it in the fz09 with finger tight pressure. It will either go in or it won't.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wasn't going to take it off the 6R before I trade it in if they weren't the same size, figured there wouldn't be any point. I really don't want to change any oil unless.... as I type that the cost of changing the oil is more than the plug cost so it's probably a stupid idea in the first place...

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Not 100% sure but I think they are the same. Same oil filter too.

Congrats by the way... if you need some tips let me know. Go on ebay and buy a 2008-10 ZX-10 shock if you can find one and put $125 a side to flash your ECU.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Martin, thats good news cause I have two filters left for the 6R. I'll look into the shock, I'm more concerned about the cam chain tensioner after reading that thread.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts