Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
I just sold my M796 a few months ago. It ran great, really torquey. The reason it didn't work for me was that it just seemed like a lot of work to ride the thing. Massive vibration in the bars, couldn't lug it below 4000 rpm because of vibration. Really jerky throttle response at lower speeds. It also needed a shock and fork work like the 09. It just wore me out on the long rides I always do. I replaced it with an 08 SV650, which I really like, but that has probably been superceded by the 09 now.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I just sold my M796 a few months ago. It ran great, really torquey. The reason it didn't work for me was that it just seemed like a lot of work to ride the thing. Massive vibration in the bars, couldn't lug it below 4000 rpm because of vibration. Really jerky throttle response at lower speeds. It also needed a shock and fork work like the 09. It just wore me out on the long rides I always do. I replaced it with an 08 SV650, which I really like, but that has probably been superceded by the 09 now.
the 09 is comfortable to ride

·
Registered
881 Posts
very comfortable! it's amazing how little vibrations the bike has.
Agreed. The lack of vibration is remarkable. Some have criticized the seat as uncomfortable but my admittedly little experience on the FZ-09 leads me to disagree.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the comparison! What year was your Monster?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Thanks for the comparison! What year was your Monster?
It was a 12, purchased last October. The other thing was that even though it was really light it didn't feel like it transitioning in corners. I guess the slower steering is ok if you are used to it. I like flickable Japanese bikes ie: FZ-09 and SV650.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts