Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I got sick of carrying my helmet around compared to my other bikes so I made a quick system(similair to sv650s) to lock it under the seat. I made some for buddies and people who messaged me so I made a site for them and some future parts Mxotoparts.com
Feedback is appreciated
Automotive tire Sports gear Grey Automotive design Fender
White Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gas Luggage and bags

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hard to see what you did there, but the result looks good (assuming no saddlebags).

Since I occasionally use saddlebags, I opted for an underseat carabiner hooked onto the frame with a loop of clothesline cable hanging out the side. This enables me to secure helmets and even jackets to the bike, and when not in use the cable coils up under the seat.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Very simple solution! Nice job.
I'm sure you'll get criticism for "I don't want to remove my seat to lock my helmet!"
Also, not so sure this is a "lock" as anyone could just pull the seat up and pop that D-ring off the hook.

I bought one of those brackets to mount to the rear passenger pegs, just never got around to putting it on. I take my helmet with me everywhere since it's almost $1,000 with the comm. setup on it.

Chester did a whole build with one of these systems. Very in depth. @ChesterBurnet

·
Registered
2019 Yamaha MT 10
1,279 Posts
I'm shocked.....nobody remembers my build thread. I think I've covered this.

·
Registered
2019 Yamaha MT 10
1,279 Posts
I'm shocked.....nobody remembers my build thread. I think I've covered this.

O wait....Brent did....thank you....now I feel special.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts