Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I looked for a thread regarding the FZ09 suspension but couldn't find one.

Im just curious on how the suspension will feel. I've never really been on anything like this bike. well i guess a speedtriple but i wasnt on it long enough to feel it out.
Will it be kind of stiff or more soft? Im coming off of a DRZ400SM and as you guys know that has some awesome suspension travel.. it is a supermoto..:rolleyes:

But how do you guys think it will feel?

Has anyone gotten the chance to sit on it?

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
I doubt anyone on here has sat on one yet, unless they were at the Yamaha dealer show a few weeks ago when the bike was announced. It will be anyone's guess about the suspension. All we know so far is that the front and rear will be somewhat adjustable......preload and rebound damping, but no compression damping. At least there is hope of possibly getting the sag adjusted, unless the springs are too light. Hopefully this bike will see some aftermarket "stuff" not too long after it is released.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I doubt anyone on here has sat on one yet, unless they were at the Yamaha dealer show a few weeks ago when the bike was announced. It will be anyone's guess about the suspension. All we know so far is that the front and rear will be somewhat adjustable......preload and rebound damping, but no compression damping. At least there is hope of possibly getting the sag adjusted, unless the springs are too light. Hopefully this bike will see some aftermarket "stuff" not too long after it is released.
Yeah i guess we will find out when they get here lol. I'm wondering how the horizontal rear shock will feel.

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
Again, it's anyone's guess on how the bike is going to feel. The DorsoDuro that I just sold to get the FZ, had a rear shock that was almost horizontal and it seemed to work just fine. Honestly, even though I've never really owned a Yamaha motorcycle (they've all been Hondas and Kawasakis), they are certainly one of the best on the road. If Yammie makes it, you can pretty well be assured that the R&D was done on the engine/transmission/bike before they released it. I'm getting extremely anxious too. I've got a ST1300 to ride in the mean time, but I'm a needin' my spirited twisties fix on a bike that will hold like it was on rails; through the mountain roads that are within eyesight of my house!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i used to ride an 06 r6 and loved that bike. but it had its problems. and everyone knows the problems it had. i had a zx6r and a 600rr both were way better suited for the street. ever since those bikes ive always wanted to go back to yamaha. and this bike seems to be the bike to bring me back.

ohh mannn... i know your feel. at least you have a bike to ride right now. i just sold my drz to pay off the rest of my car. im still not sure if i wanna finance another vehicle... i may just wait until i can find a used one in a few months. but ive never owned a new bike.

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
That's one of the reasons that I sold the D.D.........to get it done before the FZ came out in Sept. The money that I got out of the D.D. will make a huge down payment on the FZ, so that I don't have to borrow much on it when it comes out. And of course, the interest rates at my Credit Union right now are so low, that it's almost like borrowing money for free......1.70% on three years....I can deal with that.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yeah i guess we will find out when they get here lol. I'm wondering how the horizontal rear shock will feel.
My Z1000 had a horizontal rear shock. I can tell you it had no different feel than bikes with a vertical shocks. One upside is that the wheel doesn't fling debris all over the piston in less than sunny weather.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's one of the reasons that I sold the D.D.........to get it done before the FZ came out in Sept. The money that I got out of the D.D. will make a huge down payment on the FZ, so that I don't have to borrow much on it when it comes out. And of course, the interest rates at my Credit Union right now are so low, that it's almost like borrowing money for free......1.70% on three years....I can deal with that.
DANG 1.7%! thats pretty good. insanely good. i wish i knew about the bike way earlier in the year so i could have started saving. but oh well. i will eventually have one.

You must really be hyped for the FZ. the Dorsduro looks like a fun bike but i guess it is a bit heavy...

My Z1000 had a horizontal rear shock. I can tell you it had no different feel than bikes with a vertical shocks. One upside is that the wheel doesn't fling debris all over the piston in less than sunny weather.
ahhhh ok. thats some good info to know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts