Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all you F09 riders! I have a 2014 Fz09. Got it with 2k miles. Been having this issue where it dies. Really only happens at stops. But see I noticed this time after racing this charger (and winning I might add) that it happen. Not saying it has any direct effect. Other times I’m just joy riding and I’ve noticed this issues. Another thing to add would be when I first initially found out this was happening was during a downshift and blipping the throttle sounds like it was farting out at the lower rpm. I would appreciate some of your mechanical intelligence input on this matter.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
What's the last mod/s that you completed? When?

Is your bike flashed?

Do you run any fuel management like a power commander?

Does your bike vibrate moreso now?, if so where?

Any clicking?

How old is the battery?

Any CEL lights on in cluster ?

Start up, is it easy everytime, or does it take a few cranks?

How is the idling? At what rpm's warm and cold?

Just a few extra basic questions that we are all gonna ask you, might as well ask all at once.

Reactions: shamrock

·
Registered
2018 MT09 Street
167 Posts
i had a similar stalling problem as well. it would stall at a stop light in neutral gear when i apply a small amount of revs. i solved this by having it flashed by vcyclenut. the previous owner installed a full exhaust system without having it ecu flashed. this might be the same similar problem here.

·
Premium Member
2,476 Posts
Mine did the same thing for its first year or so. Never could find the problem and eventually it stopped stalling.
My 2007 BMW G650X was even worse. Same malady but it also stopped doing it.

Reactions: Crossbar1773

·
Registered
107 Posts
So it turned out the terminals for the battery needed to be tightened.
I am glad you found/fixed and posted your repair. Maybe next time don't let the internet professionals lead you down a path unwanted or needed. Would have felt silly getting the ECU reflashed and not fix your problem. These guys don't need extra fuel to help you mess your sweet ride up.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Six years old with 2k miles, I'd put some fuel injection cleaner in the tank, it had to be sitting awhile.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Duplicate post removed.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Because the magic bottle of snake oil fixes what? Has it EVER fixed anything?
A bottle of Techron is concentrate of the additives Chevron puts in their gas, a far cry from snake oil.

·
Registered
107 Posts
A bottle of Techron is concentrate of the additives Chevron puts in their gas, a far cry from snake oil.
How come everyone don't put these magic additives in their fuel? It must be proprietary. Hopes and dreams in a bottle and you pay for it.

·
Registered
2016 xsr 900
511 Posts
How come everyone don't put these magic additives in their fuel? It must be proprietary. Hopes and dreams in a bottle and you pay for it.
They do, all fuel you buy at the pump has an additive package in it. Some (like Chevron) choose to advertise based on it.

·
Vendor
1,239 Posts
I am glad you found/fixed and posted your repair. Maybe next time don't let the internet professionals lead you down a path unwanted or needed. Would have felt silly getting the ECU reflashed and not fix your problem. These guys don't need extra fuel to help you mess your sweet ride up.
the ecu flasher(me) did not say anything about getting his ecu flashed or try to sell him anything

·
Registered
107 Posts
the ecu flasher(me) did not say anything about getting his ecu flashed or try to sell him anything
I never accused you of any thing. I do like your advise and how professional you are. I have seen where you have said that your flash is not necessary. I am hinting towards the guys that think reflashing is a repair to a problem. If anyone comes to me wanting a tune on their machine, I will hit you up. ✌

1 - 16 of 16 Posts