Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Vendor
2,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems as though we have a pretty good constituency of East Coast members.
What would be cooler than getting a bunch of us together for some twisties, photos, and food?!

I propose we do a little motocamping weekend trip this coming season.
I've yet to ride in PA or DE so I'd love to head out that way from CT.

Let me who is interested and let's see what we can come up with! :D

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I go camping a few times a year w buddies (no bikes)...and each of us brings so much stuff that I struggle to see how it would be possible on a bike like the FZ. Usually we do colder weather...but even if its warm out...how do you fit a tent, sleeping bag...ground pad,clothes supplies etc on a small bike?

·
Registered
149 Posts
I've never been on an "ELIITIST trip".

Must be a CT kind of thing LOL

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
I'd be down to meet up but don't have the gear anymore for an overnight.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
2,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I go camping a few times a year w buddies (no bikes)...and each of us brings so much stuff that I struggle to see how it would be possible on a bike like the FZ. Usually we do colder weather...but even if its warm out...how do you fit a tent, sleeping bag...ground pad,clothes supplies etc on a small bike?
It helps when you don't need half of that...

My "tent":

It helps to be a minimilistic packer and having this on the back of the bike is a plus:

Where there is a will, there is a way, LUKE!

·
Vendor
2,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The overnight camping doesn't have to be a big deal...
If anyone wants to just meet up for a long day, that is hunky-dory.

I can always find a place to hang my tent somewhere after a long day in the saddle.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
The overnight camping doesn't have to be a big deal...
If anyone wants to just meet up for a long day, that is hunky-dory.

I can always find a place to hang my tent somewhere after a long day in the saddle.
You can crash at my house but I may watch you while you're sleeping.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I was down, until it got weird... :confused: :)

I'll need time to get some bags in order, but have micro camp gear. Also up for a day trip. Lots of twisties up north of me (harriman st park, bear mountain bridge road)
examples-
Harriman

Bear Mtn

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
I've done the Eagles nest up into NY but haven't done bear mtn. Looks like we have several rides to knock off.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I'm up for a meet up. PA would work well for me, should be a day's ride out there. I have camping gear, but I'd have to get something far more portable. If the weather's good, though, don't even need a tent. I have no cago stuff for my bike though. What time of year are you thinking about doing this?

·
Registered
671 Posts
In Late June I will be riding my FJR from Wisconsin through Iowa, Nebraska, Colorado to camp and hike in Arches National Park. Then off to Bryce Canyon National Park for more camping and hiking. Maybe a little astronomy thrown in. From there straight shot to California Hwy 1 at San Luis Obispo Up through Big Sur, Monterey, and Berkeley. Then back home via Hwy 80 across Nevada, the Great Salt Flats, Wyoming, Nebraska, Iowa and back to Wisconsin. A total of 14 days. I already have the camping reservations made and could accommodate another rider with tent. Anyone interested PM me.

Next year it's the Alps.

·
Vendor
2,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm up for a meet up. PA would work well for me, should be a day's ride out there. I have camping gear, but I'd have to get something far more portable. If the weather's good, though, don't even need a tent. I have no cago stuff for my bike though. What time of year are you thinking about doing this?
I've done the Eagles nest up into NY but haven't done bear mtn. Looks like we have several rides to knock off.

Bear Mtn is pretty awesome... but can be a clusterfug on the weekends because of traffic. My buddies and I ride out there at least twice a year (super early in the morning).

I'm thinking mid to late May... early June?
If this works out well we can do a few day/short weekend trips to different locations.

I'm hoping someone in PA or the surrounding area knows the good roads and can be our tour guide.
If we ever do one in CT... I'll be the tour guide. :D

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Sounds good to me.

·
Registered
117 Posts
So to bring this thread back to the front of everyone's mind again...
If you want to do a day trip on a Sunday or someone could play tour guide on a Saturday I would really be down with this idea.

·
Vendor
2,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah, let's get this going!
I'd really like to ride out to PA. Who knows the good stuff there?
I'll ride up Saturday, morning from CT, spend the night hanging from a couple of trees, and head back to CT Sunday.

·
Registered
957 Posts
I would love to do something like this. Unfortunately my only tent is one of those big 8 person cabin tent type deals that I can't transport on the bike =( I'll have to get one.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts