Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm at Little Talladaga this weekend, coaching with Sportbike Track Time and I'm coaching in group 5. So after the first classroom session, we head out to the track and get gridded up and one of the guys in my group is riding a new FZ09 in Graphite. I worked with him some during the morning sessions and it was nice seeing an FZ on the track. Nice guy and he has lurked here on the forum and is probably going to join in with us shortly.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Group 5? Is the Novice group further divided for teaching etc but on the track at the same time as other Novice groups?

·
Registered
554 Posts
I did my first track day ever today at Sonoma! It was really really really fun! The track day was put on by Zoom Zoom Trackdays and they are sponsored by Yamaha and had a few FZ-09 in their stable and even used them two up a few times!

I've got a lot to learn for sure but had a blast and cant wait to do it again!!

Daniel

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Group 5? Is the Novice group further divided for teaching etc but on the track at the same time as other Novice groups?
Classroom instruction, for all intents and purposes, is the same for all of the Novice groups. All novices are on the track at the same time, it's just that the first couple of groups are what we call the "Veteran Novices" and they don't have to come to all of the classroom sessions (since they've done it several times before), and they are running at a faster pace.

Reactions: v2Bob
1 - 5 of 5 Posts