Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know everyone tires of oil threads. I would like to survey what type of oil owners of FZ09/MT09 are using. For your cooperation I promise to summarize the results.

My main interest is in what weight of oil is being used, not necessarily oil brand. However, we might as well include the other information to make it more interesting. Please include year model, your location, oil brand, viscosity and formulation. I will start:

2019 MT-09 California, USA Yamalube 15W50 4T Full Synthetic

·
Registered
118 Posts
Castrol 4T 10W-40 Motorcycle Oil (QT) 15B64F
I use only the finest baby frogs, dew-picked and flown from Iraq, cleansed in the finest quality spring water, lightly killed, and sealed in a succulent, Swiss, quintuple-smooth, treble-milk chocolate envelope, and lovingly frosted with glucose and pressed into oil

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
Welcome to the forum MrNofi.
Now ask them how much oil they put in because that's always more interesting than the standard 10W40 response.

Reactions: MrNofi and Moto26

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
I'm very fussy about the provenance of the oil I use. So I make sure that it's solely from velociraptors because they're the fastest, and that they fed exclusively on protoceratops.
It's pricey but worth every drachma.

·
Registered
2016 XSR900 60th Anniv. Edition
2,010 Posts
Everyone knows where olive oil comes from. And we all know where avocado oil comes from. But nobody ever talks about where baby oil comes from...

Why is that???

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I guess I will put you down for Dino oil. I suspect you are using a light weight oil (5W) if it made from velociraptors!

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
Everyone knows where olive oil comes from. And we all know where avocado oil comes from. But nobody ever talks about where baby oil comes from...

Why is that???
Don't tell me they club baby babies?

Mind you, I've seen some rugrats screaming around cafes that I'd like to turn into oil.

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
I guess I will put you down for Dino oil. I suspect you are using a light weight oil (5W) if it made from velociraptors!
About 75,000,000 BC grade to be exact.

Reactions: meinschaft

·
Registered
114 Posts
2016 Fz09. I use Motul 7100 10w40 or Ams oil 10w40 depending on which I have on hand. 3 quarts and KN-204 oil filter about every 3,000 miles..

·
Registered
444 Posts
Welcome to the forum MrNofi.
Now ask them how much oil they put in because that's always more interesting than the standard 10W40 response.
that sounds like when the FZ 07 forum had a troll claiming his FZ 07 need 1 quart more then std because reasons....

·
Registered
29 Posts
2015 fz, I generally run castrol 4t dino/semi/full synthetic but will use whatever brand that is on shelf. I run 10w40 in the cooler months and 20w50 in the summer months.

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
that sounds like when the FZ 07 forum had a troll claiming his FZ 07 need 1 quart more then std because reasons....
That was several years ago right here on the 09 forum and probably not a troll, he was just stupid.
He hasn't been around since he couldn't find anyone to validate his warranty claim.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts