Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Must say, the FZ9 is smashing in looks and from sit-upon, seems like a nice nimble ride.

Looking down the road, I'm thinking that as one who rides 250 miles or so on each and every ride, I'm thinking the killer deal would be a small fairing on the FZ, and I'm wondering if Yamaha is considering applying the FZ1 type of fairing to the 9. Just a little break from the wind would be nice. Maybe even further down the road, optional integrated luggage a la the Ninja 1k, which I have owned.

Any thoughts or leaks by yamaha that they might turn this fine beast into more than a naked bike?

I love the size and light weight - and heck they even gave the FZ6 a small fairing.

What do you all think?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Yamaha plans to use the motor in multiple applications.

I'm hoping they do something with this, and a adventure type set up. I noticed on the left front side of the motor, there's a big cast lug sticking out, perfect for a skid plate mount point....
I don't think a fz9 tourer or quarter faired bike is out of the question. The fz08 will only stick around for a year or so.

That said, a decent windshield will do wonders for this bike

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the comments. Supermoto is great, but something more like the KTM SMT, or simply the addition of an integrated design half-fairing would be great.

Unless one happens to know of a great existing windshield that doesn't buffet me back to margueritaville.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts