Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I, along with pretty much everyone, hate the tumor that is hanging off the back of the FZ. I decided to do a budget eliminator. I havent figured out what im going to do about the rear turns yet but so far my fender and signal eliminator cost me $8.80 with tax. Hopefully the pics will work otherwise I will post them from my computer.

On the front I made the running lights the turns since the headlight will likely be on whenever the bike is on. I may get yellow bulbs for it. So far cost is $0

Standby for pics

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here are the pics as promised

Here are the integrated front turn signals. cost $0
Motor vehicle Headlamp Automotive lighting Automotive tire Tire Headlamp Automotive lighting Vehicle Motor vehicle Light

wired the turn light in to the running light. the running lights dont come on but i dont need it anyway. i will eventually put colored bulbs in.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
On the rear, i went to walmart and got a 7 pin trailer plug(truck side) cost $8 and cut the cap off
Auto part Technology Electronic device Technology Headset Gadget Electronic device Audio equipment

I removed the abomination hanging off the back and found that the plug cover covered up the wiring hole and lock perfectly

Vehicle Technology Auto part Electronic device

i drilled the four holes ( 2 into the subframe and 2 into plastic) you need to take the hardware holding the side cover loose. not off just loose and put some screws in.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
please note that you need to grind the cover flat on the back and remove the tab thats on the flap of the trailer cover otherwise it hits the lock. i just screwed the plate in to the undertail hopefully the police dont say anything. if they do i can just bend it down. i dont have rear tuns yet. im still trying to figure out a solution but will probably go integrated. Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Alloy wheel Auto part Vehicle Auto part Car Tire Automotive tire Technology Auto part Electronic device Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Auto part Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Auto part Exhaust system Tire

·
Vendor
22 R7 | 21 T7
3,302 Posts
Nice job on the 7-pin connector cover!

I'm also running the 'integrated' turn signals, but in conjunction with a standard set of LED signals. Been playing around with various LED's to get the right amber color/fill.

David - just a matter of connecting the hot line going into the marker lights to the existing turn signal circuits. As DVM mentioned...minutes of your time.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yep just a few minutes. remove the side covers and clip the hot wire for the marker light (blue i think) and i just clipped off the connector from the turn signals and solder the turn wire to the wire on bulb. it was free, i would recommend using adhesive lined heatshrink(marine grade) on the joint. you can also order the connectors for the turns off ebay. i ordered some that looked the same that i will use for the back so i wont have to cut the stock turns.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Nice job on the 7-pin connector cover!

I'm also running the 'integrated' turn signals, but in conjunction with a standard set of LED signals. Been playing around with various LED's to get the right amber color/fill.

David - just a matter of connecting the hot line going into the marker lights to the existing turn signal circuits. As DVM mentioned...minutes of your time.
Thanks! BTW checkout superbrightleds.com for the amber color LED's I currently am running red ones but they have all different colors

·
Registered
349 Posts
Thanks! BTW checkout superbrightleds.com for the amber color LED's I currently am running red ones but they have all different colors

No Problems from the Po-Po??? I don't think we can get away with that in Colorado unless it was an emergency vehicle. I could be wrong.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Here are the pics as promised

Here are the integrated front turn signals. cost $0
View attachment 7964 View attachment 7965

wired the turn light in to the running light. the running lights dont come on but i dont need it anyway. i will eventually put colored bulbs in.
Now go out and put direct sunlight on your headlight and see if you can see them from 20 ft away with the headlight on. I'm curious myself if they show up.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts