Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 FZ09 with a full M4 exhaust. As far as I know it hasn't had the ecu reflashed and I do not have a powercommander. At about 7k rpm the bike cuts out, sort of like hitting rev limiter. The power curve is good and then it just drops on its face, it was so bad I thought it only reved to 7k and the rest of the gauge RPMs were for show. I stayed hard on the throttle one pull this evening and it powered through the rough stage 6800ish to 7300ish and once it hit 8k RPM it pulled like hell as it should. Has anyone else had this issue?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Can’t ive experienced that I have the full M4 system, (black header pipes, not the chop your exhaust in half system). I rode a few times before sending my ecu to Vcyclenut for his tune. The only time I think this bike falls on its face is when I hit rev limiter! I was able to consistently chase down and pass an RC51 on the track on a long straight (he got me in the corners a few laps in a row, was fun learning from him), so this pipe and tune sure doesn’t lack for power.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Oh I blocked off and disabled the AIS system, when I installed the pipe, and installed block off plates and removed the system when I flashed it.

·
Vendor
1,181 Posts
its kind of hard to understand what your describing so I want to be sure im understanding correctly.

bike pull hard to around 7k rpm then falls on it face , if you stay into it , it clears up and pulls strong again around 8k and pulls to redline?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts