Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

FZ09 Exhaust Thread

601K views 2K replies 358 participants last post by  peter187 
#1 ·
What manufacturers are going to release exhaust for the new bike? Has anyone heard if they have released bikes for R&D? I wonder if Yoshimura is going to get a bike.

#3 ·
These are the ones that would most likely do it for me.....
Akrapovic
LeoVince
Arrow Race Tech

Hopefully, Graves would build one too. Then we need a Dynojet Power Commander to be able to adjust A/F ratios correctly. Man, I can see that this is already going to get expensive!

#6 ·
my first choice would be Arata, but I'm not sure they are around anymore. without a doubt, the best sounding system I've ever heard on a 600 RR.....and quality wise, no one makes a higher quality exhaust. Next choice would be between a Leo Vince or an Akropovic.....very high quality and great craftsmanship and sound

Reactions: Kilo
#13 ·
You guys need to remember, that Akra pipe that is being show is a street legal version that will satisfy the noise/sound level requirements for the European market. What that means is that the $1200 - $1300 that the pipe will cost is going to be spent primarily on looks, with very little if any increase in sound levels and likely a very small amount of HP gain. If and when Akra produces a "Race only" pipe or ...one that is not street legal, only then will you have something that is going to give you the louder sound levels and HP increases as long as you can do something about the fuel management to make it richer that is set from the factory for the stock pipe.

#14 ·
Mmm agree Triple ... Mostly a looks thing.... But so much more nicer looks than the scrotum! ... Tis lots of dollars for looks and a small sound upgrade though :confused:

#15 ·
This is a reply on my inquiry on a Graves pipe.

Hi Doug,

It’s certainly in the works. I cannot get you a definite date until we see the final production bikes at the shop and then begin the process. Please stay tuned with us on Facebook, twitter and our website gravesport.com as we will be sure to post updates when they come up.

#16 ·
Awesome to know that Graves will be producing an exhaust for the FZ. That might just be the ticket right there. Those folks are serious about quality AND HP when it comes to making Yamaha exhausts.

#19 ·
Yeah Graves is a high class team and Hayes is cool. Too bad his wife isn't faster lol. Kidding, she's a far better rider than I ever will be. Daytona Sportbike is tough class to podium in. Elena Myers might have a lot more potential, I hope she does well.

This is an exhaust thread, so I better say something about that. I'll only be in the pipe market if I crumble the stock one or make the 09 a track bike. If I need to replace it for the street I'll probably see if one of you have one in the closet lol.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

#20 ·
v2Bob wrote:
If I need to replace it for the street I'll probably see if one of you have one in the closet lol.
Hey.......this talk about coming out of the closet belongs in another forum..............uh...........Oh, I gotcha now! :cool:

Reactions: shahar.levinshtein
#22 · (Edited)
I talked to akrapovic today, the system is expected yobbe available in 4-6 weeks and will be a stainless header with titanium cannister. Retail price will be $ 1,395. Not sure if this is new news or not but figured I would post it. This is there "racing line" exhaust no weight savings or hp gains nunbers yet....

#25 ·
I've always been a fan of the sound a leo vince makes on I4s...but I'm open to listening to all with the CP3. I think the last price guestimate I saw for the Akra was closer to $1700-1800, so nice to see that # go down a little

#26 ·
I've got a Leo on my 600RR track bike and it sounds really good. I've never had it dyno tested though so I really don't know how good it does....other than the sound, and that is awesome!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.