Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1521 - 1531 of 1531 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Make sure you plugging the right tube on the air box. It's the the one towards the rear of the box, bottom left.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
86 Posts
Wheeew, I'm sure nice and patient today

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk
Yes, you are, but that's a good thing. The world needs more of it. But seriously, thank you for taking the time with us newbies who are still trying to learn the search feature and learn about our bikes. In reality, the short amount of time that a couple of you guys took to explain all this, I could now explain the entire popping and farting on deceleration, and why/how to fix it to someone else.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Has anyone tried the Leo Vince EVO I like the clean not protruding look like the stock pipe. I like a deep note not piercing high note.

·
Registered
295 Posts
has a nice sound to it

currently saving up for an exhaust for mine since the stock one is way to quiet for me and a louder exhaust keeps trafik from swerving into me.

check out this video

·
Registered
138 Posts
Im looking for a deeper sound closer to my v-twin sound I had a Leo Vince on that bike if its possible not a whining high revving inline 4 type sound if that makes sense. I need to hear some in person ,Im going for a ride today hit some hot spots and maybe come across some bikes with a few exhaust Im interested in . I'm really like the graves the more I research it with being american made Im a patriot and all ways buy USA first if possible . They do alot of RD with Yamaha and the workmanship is outstanding . I will need to hear one in person and if the note is what Im looking for then Ill need to save a little longer for it.

Now at What point do you send it out for the flash or get a power commander to do it your self or some other programmer.
My ECU has not been touched , I can only ride in B mode A and std are way to snatchy for my liking plus Im still getting used to the bike 300 miles Ive put on it and loving it. Sending the Ecu every time I do some kind of mod will get real expensive and time consuming for shipping and packing.
On my Quad I had a power commander that I could do some tweaking after a mod that worked great.

I did not have a AFR gauge on the bike but Im sure it could be added for tuning purposes along with this FZ for tuning then remove it after the tune . Now I have not had the time to read every thread on here ,I had heard about taking the limiter off of witch im not interested on going 135+ speeds anymore . Although I would be interested in smoothing out the A and stnd setting on the map so that I could actually use them.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
1521 - 1531 of 1531 Posts