Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Yeah the fz09 would make a great stunt bike.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I actually came across these about 2 weeks ago. I was kicking around the idea of converting my 9 to a stunt rig and was looking for protection. I'm still not sure if I'm going to go that route but if I do I will be scooping one of these up for sure. I didn't post anything here about it because I didn't think it would appeal to anyone on this forum.

·
Registered
60 Posts
so cool and decently priced to.

i would have bought this if i hadnt gone for TRex engine cases, SW Motech sliders and sumpguard.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so cool and decently priced to.

i would have bought this if i hadnt gone for TRex engine cases, SW Motech sliders and sumpguard.
What sumpguard did you get? The SW Motech? I would surely be interested in getting this once I begin the off-road adventures on this baby!

·
Registered
60 Posts
What sumpguard did you get? The SW Motech? I would surely be interested in getting this once I begin the off-road adventures on this baby!
yeh thats the one. i recommend it. ive already had a scrape when i went down a curb thing so its paid off. and it looks great.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeh thats the one. i recommend it. ive already had a scrape when i went down a curb thing so its paid off. and it looks great.
Some nice high res pictures would help to convince, please?! ;)
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks! That does look good... It's back on my list again!

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Surprised they put a bolt right under the drain plug??? and curious as well for what you have to do for an oil change? Take the whole skid plate off? or is there a removable section for doing oil changes?

·
Registered
60 Posts
the bolt isnt just under the sump plug its further into your screen of your computer haha.
i think you can get away with just removing plate and not the actual bracket (4 (maybe 6) little bolts to take out)

·
Registered
98 Posts
I like the idea maybe a little to stunt oriented but paint it black and it could work, I'm just now installing my SW motech sump guard and armored sump pan but this
may happen if I think about it to long. Rick

·
Registered
185 Posts
Anyone see this yet? Not sure if it has been posted before but I was browsing for FZ09 parts and saw this listed on ebay for $450- maybe a stunter's best mod?

This is rad and I'll put it on my 15 yellow fz if I knew it would fit with yoshi exhaust .
Anyone else have this bash plate

This is rad and I'll put it on my 15 yellow fz if I knew it would fit with yoshi exhaust .
Anyone else have this bash plate

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
It looks like there's an M4 slipon in the picture. The stock bladder may hang too low for this skidplate. Sliders are included with the cage/skidplate. In the auction ended Dec. 26, it was $400 and $16 shipping.

·
Registered
185 Posts
It looks like there's an M4 slipon in the picture. The stock bladder may hang too low for this skidplate. Sliders are included with the cage/skidplate.
Sliders included ... Even better!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts