Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
So, what's it like? How's the feel, power, etc?

·
Registered
290 Posts
The only modification would be brake lines ! No spacers needed enjoy everyone!
So, you have to get gsxr lines or do you have to do custom lines with different fittings?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So, you have to get gsxr lines or do you have to do custom lines with different fittings?
You’ll need custom lines I’ll give you the details when I get the new lines bug to test the calipers I used the gsxr brake line with the fz09 stock line it worked but the line is a lil but bent because of the length it might need a longer line

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You’ll need custom lines I’ll give you the details when I get the new lines bug to test the calipers I used the gsxr brake line with the fz09 stock line it worked but the line is a lil but bent because of the length it might need a longer line
The fz 09 worked but a better angled banjo would be more suitable just wait a few days when I get mines ! I’ll do a write up later on I like posting stuff like these so other people don’t have to struggle lol

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Seems like a fun mod. Didn't need to change out MC ? Cool.
Ok I got the lines for a gp set up but I made a mistake lol anyway. From both calipers to the lower triple tree where the main brake line attaches to the measure would be 425mm then the line going to the master ( R6 or r1 mc ) would be 475mm with a 90 degree banjo y made the mistake of ordering a straight banjo !!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok I got the lines for a gp set up but I made a mistake lol anyway. From both calipers to the lower triple tree where the main brake line attaches to the measure would be 425mm then the line going to the master ( R6 or r1 mc ) would be 475mm with a 90 degree banjo y made the mistake of ordering a straight banjo !!
So brake calipers line 425mm
Middle brake line 475mm

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Seems like a fun mod. Didn't need to change out MC ? Cool.
Yes use R1 or R6 mc also for the gp style brake lines with the T fitting would be R425mm L425mm brake caliper lines then the line going to the mc would be 475mm with a banjo at 90 degrees and calipers at 20 degree angle

1 - 20 of 20 Posts