Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if the fz09 a 50 state bike or different one for CA emission stuff. If they are 50 state bikes, then I would fly and buy from different state. Damn dealers here in Socal are just crazy with their raping prices.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

·
Super Moderator
5,701 Posts
I can't answer your question with 100% accuracy, but for many years, California has had more stringent restrictions on all of the vehicles coming into the state. I know that in most instances the manufacturers build a 49 state model and a CA model. I know this isn't what you wanted to hear, but I'm afraid that may be the case. Good luck!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can anyone look on the bike frame or somewhere on bike to see if it states 50state bike or not. And also CA bikes if it said CA emission only. Pics would help.

·
Super Moderator
5,701 Posts
I do remember seeing in my owners manual a schematic diagram of the emissions routing and hoses for .........yep.....California.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Damn....was afraid of that...yet again hosed in socal with high prices and dealers getting their bend over prices on us.....Reminds me of getting a 08 ninja 250 days...no supply, waiting list and dealers charging $5000 otd for 08 ninja 250 msrp price of $3500.00.....it was during the first high gas price crunch times....and all the socal dealers were raping customers wallet for the higest bidder..... they went down the wating list for highest bidder.... Never again....

·
Registered
354 Posts
Well i did finally get to sit on one today and almost pulled the trigger But the bike is in New Jersey and i live in New York no big deal right well i asked about the price he said $8,666 i said why so high his reply was Freight and set up $600.00 Now i don't know about the rest of the country but here in the north east dealers usually do not charge this. Now i know why this popular bike has been sitting in the showroom for 2 weeks. Some young kid will come and pay for sure and won't care or does not know any better.

W

·
0 Posts
Wondering if the fz09 a 50 state bike or different one for CA emission stuff. If they are 50 state bikes, then I would fly and buy from different state. Damn dealers here in Socal are just crazy with their raping prices.

Gotta put 7500 miles on the bike before it can be registered in CA.

·
Registered
354 Posts

·
Vendor
3,297 Posts
You've got a rare dealer. We're midway between NYC and Philly, so they know their market. Most dealers won't negotiate when they know things will move... Especially on a low margin brand new model that people are paying for sight unseen. Can't blame them...

·
Registered
619 Posts
Well i did finally get to sit on one today and almost pulled the trigger But the bike is in New Jersey and i live in New York no big deal right well i asked about the price he said $8,666 i said why so high his reply was Freight and set up $600.00 Now i don't know about the rest of the country but here in the north east dealers usually do not charge this. Now i know why this popular bike has been sitting in the showroom for 2 weeks. Some young kid will come and pay for sure and won't care or does not know any better.
Roger, where did you see the bike?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I am in CA and have one, what should I look for to answer the question?
usually its on the bike somewhere....reference to CA emission and 49state wordings... either on frame or under seat fender liner....
but it seems from answer that in owners manual...it states different emission lines for CA bikes only and another one for 49state bike....

Yeah... I finally saw one in person...Red one...looks way better then magazine or pics.... I really like it but going to wait till demand dies down and pricing comes down...
atleast what dealer told me..... If you want to be one with the first on the block...then expect to pay premium......

otherwise...if it was a 50state bike....I would fly out to midwest and ride it back home.....seems way cheaper out there.... advertised in cycletrader
lowest was in Indiana....$6790...list price only...not including tax, lic, fees????...

·
Registered
354 Posts
Roger, where did you see the bike?
Chris right where you told me The Cycle Exchange in andover,nj If you want to avoid this fee talk to my dealer Cycle Motion in Middletown, NY its a little bit of a ride but hell i have rode down to your area just to go to Rutts Hut a couple of rippers for me. :cool::cool::cool:

Reactions: chris1261

·
Registered
354 Posts
I talked with my dealer again today and he told me that if the dealer is not dropping the F&S they are pretty much price gauging so if you have not bought try and talk them out of it believe me they are still making a profit. If you are reading this and are reasonably close to Middletown,New York call cycle motion ask for darin tell them Roger told me to ask for you.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts