Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyone on this list in the Atlanta metro area that owns an FZ07 ?
~fish

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Me. I live about 8 miles south of Atlanta in Conley. Thinking of buying one? If so...you can ride mine. It is a small stature bike. If you are more than 190....it may be too small.

Reactions: ktk_ace

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
The FZ09 was built with the normal size man in mind whereas the FZ07 seems to have been created for smallish young boys and men of lesser stature.

No doubt Yammy wants everyone to be comfortable on their bikes, regardless of stature and/or sexual orientation, not that there's anything wrong with it....:cool:

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
ridetofish must be in church today praying:

Dear God, please find someone else, Anyone out there in Georgia or any of the surrounding states, who's got an FZ07 I can check out...

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
Steve101 = Steve and his 101 ways to stir the pot! At least he's doing something that he's good at! :cool:

Reactions: Rocky_MTN_FZ09

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I am tempted to ask Steve what he thinks "normal" is, but that would just open a whole new kettle of fish, lol.

But I must disagree with the comment that the FZ-07 for someone of lesser stature. If that is the case, then a KTM RC 390 should come with training wheels.

Reactions: Steve101

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
What????? no comment? QUICK CALL 911, THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH STEVE!!!! lol.

When I stopped at the dealership to take a look at an 07, since all the 09's where sold. :( I was tempted, but wanted an +800cc as a minimum. Then I spotted my Rapid Red was back up for sale, and it didn't take much thinking to put a deposit on the 09.

I would actually consider an 07 as a second bike, but I already have my DR650SE for that. Plus the DR is not afraid of gravel and dirt.

The 09 for the pavement, and the DR for everywhere else. Plus the DR is still fun on the pavement. It also makes a good commuter since it gets 55 US MPG (4.3 L/100 km)

·
Super Moderator
4,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The DR650 is for sure a great second bike. I just renewed my full coverage insurance, with accessory coverage for $139. You gotta love that.
Besides working well enough for off-pavement and being a competent commuter, it makes for a great scratcher in the tight, twiddly bits.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
This FZ07 owner inquiry turned out to be that girl Dorene that was paying $150 for a "survey" . Sounded like a con job to me so I passed on it. If Yamaha wanted to contact FZ07 owners for a "survey"...all they would need to do is send them a letter in the mail like they did with the battery lead recall.

·
Banned
2 Posts
market research

market research is done for product development with owners of various products. This is not a scam, we did this in November and had a really good response to the focus group. This will be two hours of your time and you get $150 for participating. I am going to call some of the guys that did it last time here in CA. and see if they will post on line that this is legit and that they got paid.

I understand your doubts but give me a chance.

Thanks,

Dorene

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
I'm locking this thread until such time as approval from the Admin(s) has been given

Reactions: Steve101
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.