Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I fell in love with the MT09, but it was too powerful for me, now that the MT07 has dropped, it looks like my dream bike!

I have read some reports that it is made in Japan, which makes it one of the cheapest Japanese made bikes available (at least in Australia), pretty much any Japanese bike under 10k here is made in Thailand or the Phillipines, even the Triumph street tripples are all made in SE Asia.

So basically just wanted to know if the bike is made in Japan or just the engine? (when I say made obviously i mean assembled, i know the parts come from different brand from all over the world)

Thanks

This bike just looks too good to be true!

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
I can't speak for the MT07, but the FZ07 is for sure made in Japan. I would assume that they would be though. If the V.I.N. number starts with a "J", it was made in Japan.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I can't speak for the MT07, but the FZ07 is for sure made in Japan. I would assume that they would be though. If the V.I.N. number starts with a "J", it was made in Japan.
Yep...mine too. Vin starts JYAR...so made in Japan. Wouldn't make sense economically to make the MT in a different country would it?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hi, I fell in love with the MT09, but it was too powerful for me, now that the MT07 has dropped, it looks like my dream bike!

I have read some reports that it is made in Japan, which makes it one of the cheapest Japanese made bikes available (at least in Australia), pretty much any Japanese bike under 10k here is made in Thailand or the Phillipines, even the Triumph street tripples are all made in SE Asia.

So basically just wanted to know if the bike is made in Japan or just the engine? (when I say made obviously i mean assembled, i know the parts come from different brand from all over the world)

Thanks

This bike just looks too good to be true!
Would you still buy it if it weren't assembled in Japan?!.....

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Would you still buy it if it weren't assembled in Japan?!.....
I don't know what he would do...but if mine was made in China...I wouldn't have bought it.

Reactions: Lateralus

·
Registered
177 Posts
I don't know what he would do...but if mine was made in China...I wouldn't have bought it.
I'm of sort of the same mind myself. When I walk into to the dealer nowadays, I find myself looking for the VIN. Not saying that if a bike assembled elsewhere is inferior to Japan, but... I suppose I'm just used to what I'm used to.

OP - the 07 is a great bike, go for it!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts