Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Now if only AZ tumbleweed-Tucson would get on the ball, I can't believe how inconsistently these bikes are coming in

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I just found this on YOU TUBE. It's an MT-07 in France I think....with an Akropovic full exhaust without the DB killer in it. This sounds awesome......enjoy. I'm ordering my Akropovic today.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Phew...a bit expensive but it's coming from Italy. Only $1000.00 total. Should arrive by the 24th.

Reactions: Niner

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
The dealer I got my 09 from said they got the invoices for 3 07's today. One of each color. He said they should be arriving next week.
I'd think long & hard B4 purchasing an 07 knowing that for another $1k + I could be the Proud owner of the 09.

There's a reason McDonalds doesn't sell too many "small Cokes.":pain10:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Sounds awesome with the pipe on there, but unnecessarily loud for those of us that get up early. Getting exciting now, we will have to see how they do.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Sounds awesome with the pipe on there, but unnecessarily loud for those of us that get up early. Getting exciting now, we will have to see how they do.
The vid was with the decibal killer {baffle} out ... so you have the option to run the quieter baffle.

·
Registered
13 Posts
CD599 thanks for posting the price on the Akropovic, I was wondering what the cost would be. How much was shipping? Been watching for a strait week. Also check out the other video from the same MT-07 video poster, he does a example with the the DB killer in and then out. Could not stop watching these videos.

My opinion only, I think the sound of the 07 sounds light years better than the 09 akrapovik.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Hmm. anyone else notice that at around 1:39 in the 2nd video he shifts from 2nd to 4th? Wonder if he did that on purpose, or did the gearbox slip? Then at around the 2:00 mark he gives it the berries in 1st gear, and it looks as if the front wheel stayed on the ground. if i'd done that on my '09 i'd have a more vertical attitude for sure. ( to be fair, he gets the front wheel up a little at 2:20 or so)

Bike does look sharp though. Wouldn't mind taking a test ride.

·
Registered
555 Posts
The 09 definitely sounds better than the 07 IMO. Hate the sound of high revving twins, just reminds me of dirt bikes.

Sounds like every other parallel twin with an exhaust to my ears really. Very much like my Ninja 300 lol, just a little deeper.

Skagit powersports are good value too, watched a lot of their vids on exhaust comparisons when choosing for my 300.

That being said, the bike itself looks very sharp. Not keen on the tank or the standard forks......but for the price point is very good. In love with that dash. and it seems some of the parts may be interchangeable between the 07 and 09 which opens up a few more possibilities. Would love to see if that front fender swaps over.

I see many of these bikes being sold worldwide..........maybe even as many as the 09!!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I agree that the 7 sounds like a dirt bike but I don't want to be too negative about it. I'm sure it's fine motorcycle.....I will keep my 9.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
That akra sounds pretty good on a bike with 2-cylinders.

Did anyone notice the gas tank has some kind of compartment cover with a key? Is that for storage?

·
Registered
341 Posts
I bought a bike from these guys two summers ago. Nice people, no hagglin', no BS. Whether it's the bike for you or not, they'll probably be open to test riding. Just sayin...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts