Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found these on the Yamaha EU site. There's adjustable "rearsets", exhaust, a fly screen and much more; 46 accessories in total.

The FZ-09 & MT-09 are the same bike so the accessories for one would work for the other. Some are designated for the MT-09 but we should expect the same accessories here in the states for the FZ.

MT-09 Genuine Accessories

·
Registered
77 Posts
DD357: You Da Mannnn!!!! You’re like “James Bond” on a mission to recon accessories for this bike!!:cool:!! MANY THANKS for the link.

I think I’ve “bonded” with that Akrapovic Full System Titanium set up!

Akrapovic Full System with Titanium Muffler - MT-09.jpg

I was trying to wait to see what everyone else was going to design. But….I think this may the one!! It’s going to be interesting to see the difference in weight reductions with the stock exhaust vs. the forthcoming aftermarket exhausts. Especially the Akrapovic. WAITING---Waiting--waiting…..

·
Registered
188 Posts
The Akra zorst!!! ... 122966928.jpg

·
Registered
188 Posts
and this .. page 2 .. halfway along the top line of pics

... so they are air intakes now? .. the words indicate it to be so?

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DD357: You Da Mannnn!!!! You’re like “James Bond” on a mission to recon accessories for this bike!!:cool:!! MANY THANKS for the link.

I think I’ve “bonded” with that Akrapovic Full System Titanium set up!

View attachment 269

I was trying to wait to see what everyone else was going to design. But….I think this may the one!! It’s going to be interesting to see the difference in weight reductions with the stock exhaust vs. the forthcoming aftermarket exhausts. Especially the Akrapovic. WAITING---Waiting--waiting…..
It will certainly look better than the OEM scrotum exhaust. Wish they showed a pic of it while on the bike.

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
Not only is Akrapovic one of the highest quality exhaust systems out there, it's one of the most expensive too. I love the looks of it, but I'm just wondering what kind of sound level it will produce. Europe seems to have a lot stricter laws regarding noise levels than the U.S. does (or they mostly don't enforce them in the U.S.) and it says that it's street legal, so cost for what you are getting (sound wise) may be kind of iffy. Hopefully when the bike finally is released, some of our brethren from across the pond will post up some sound bites of the system on a MT 09.

·
Registered
77 Posts
DD357/Tripple: Yeah it does look GREAT…Far better than that hanging …”whatever it is.” And I’m hoping that if there are any exhaust noise issues due to the EU’s restrictictions ,- - - then that it only a mild to less painful trade off (i.e. looks for decibel level), and that it still produces a, “You Know I’m HereGrowl! I guess I’ll have to research some trends on permissible exhaust decibel levels in the EU and then compare them to what we have in our most restrictive states.

Gee Tripple…..Thanks for the homework!!:) LOL!…Should be an interesting learning experience and add to knowledge nogggin’.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
It's a great looking exhaust but it is street legal so it's choked to some degree whereas as another non-steet legal will be free flowing and have a better/louder sound. I would be interested to hear what this one does sound like. And any online video will never do the sound justice. Here in TX there isn't really any worries concerning race pipes.

On another note: Doesn't some exhaust restriction help low and mid-range where this bike is supposed to shine? Where a non-restricted (race) pipe excels at top end.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I hope all these accessories make it to the U.S. There are some really nice looking bits and I wouldn't mind adding them at time of purchase for a discount.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I hope all these accessories make it to the U.S. There are some really nice looking bits and I wouldn't mind adding them at time of purchase for a discount.
Same here, I'd like to have a couple when riding off the lot, especially the fly screen.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
A pic with several accessories installed. Akra exhaust, fly screen, rearsets, engine protectors, solo seat "cover", "fancy tail/plate extender", radiator side covers, etc.

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
Nice for sure! :cool:

·
Registered
77 Posts
A pic with several accessories installed. Akra exhaust, fly screen, rearsets, engine protectors, solo seat "cover", "fancy tail/plate extender", radiator side covers, etc.

DD357: Thanks for posting that. That look is VERY close to what I’d like. I’m still narrowing my considerations however. Some Mods under consideration I’d like are:

--T-Rex Frame Sliders
--[Possibly] Kuryakyn Magnum Plus Mirrors
--Ride Engineering FE Kit
--Tank Pads
--Radiator Protector
--Wind Screen

I’m really satisfied with the Akrapovic Full Exhaust System. But if were to consider just a slip-on in lieu of a full exhaust package, then the three that would most likely appeal to me best would be: Akrapovic (who may have produced the first slip-on already, seeing that they appear to have stepped out first with their exhaust system); Yoshimura, and Danmoto. I’m getting there…

·
Registered
22 Posts
There is no question that the windscreen is a must. Looks much better than I could have imagined. Really completes the look. Unlike the fz8 the windscreen doesn't look that great. Nice find.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts