Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Article from VISORDOWN test of the new FJ09 TRACER. If I read it right.,..it says that the MT-FZ 07 is Europe's second best selling bike. BMW is number one and FZ-MT09 is number THREE.

SEE BELOW EXTRACT...

It's the sports touring edition of the naked MT-09, which has proved hugely successful for Yamaha, becoming the third best-selling bike in Europe with over 10,000 shifted in its first year of production. It's behind only its smaller sibling, the MT-07, and the unassailable sales phenomenon that is the BMW R1200GS.

Read more: Yamaha MT-09 Tracer road test

Reactions: marthy and v2Bob

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Nice! That mean you can buy #2 + #3 for about the price of #1.

I rode both FZ07 & FZ09 and I will have both in my garage within the next few months. Once my wife get some seat time on the old FZ6R... I'll get a FZ07.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice! That mean you can buy #2 + #3 for about the price of #1.

I rode both FZ07 & FZ09 and I will have both in my garage within the next few months. Once my wife get some seat time on the old FZ6R... I'll get a FZ07.
Great...then you can load up the trailer and ride with us in the North Georgia Mountains.

Reactions: marthy

·
Registered
539 Posts
Well, they do say bigger is better in 'Merica!

I actually would have been surprised if the 09 beat the 07 in Europe. Economy is key over there.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, they do say bigger is better in 'Merica!

I actually would have been surprised if the 09 beat the 07 in Europe. Economy is key over there.
I agree,...but I bet they sell more FZ07's here in the USA than they do 09's.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I'll wager you 10 points on that being false Trebec! ;)

·
Registered
206 Posts
I was in Grenoble for a short work trip.
I stumbled into the local, Honda, Kwak, and Yamaha dealer.
Using my stupendous French speaking skills I talked to the yamaha guy.
they had a very nicely set up MT-09, Street tracker, and ABS MT-07, on the floor.

He basically said due to better fuel econ. and more than sufficient around town, and out of town power the 7 is a huge seller, and all with the ABS version, due to resale value (they had a 2nd hand one 7 ABS outside for sale).

He said the 9 sell quite a bit less, but well never the less, for the more experienced, and nutty riders out there.
The tracer is gathering up quite a bit of interest as well, as it will do more things, than the 9.

They also had the tri city scooter on display, neat.

·
Registered
206 Posts
It's behind only its smaller sibling, the MT-07, and the unassailable sales phenomenon that is the BMW R1200GS.

Read more: Yamaha MT-09 Tracer road test
:rolleyes:

Nothing outsells the might mighty GS. The advertising, and brand loyalty from their past, present and future customers is unbelievable.
It's the one bike that you can have if you can only have one bike....apparently.

Seriously, I rode the old air cooled, and the new wc GS. The new one has a great motor, but as cheap as I am, and the fact that I wonder quite far off the beaten path, I would not trust the GS for any amount of long term abuse. I do like them, but I'm staying far away.

My Tenere has had a steady beating since I bought it new some 51 km ago, and it still feels like a new bike.
I recently went from back to front on a buddy's Tenere with 60 km on it. He basically changed the oil, never checked the valves. Same story there, still sort of like new.
He recently bought a brand new KTM1190. Let it sit for two weeks and the battery went flat...he ended up riding his 'old' tenere:p

https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/9087997366/in/set-72157634215027515

·
Registered
300 Posts
That's great news for Yamaha riders everywhere. Lots of new bikes being sold to fund more killer new models, with the same excellent powerplants.

That "Tri city" is a cool little leaning scooter, I'd maybe have to have one if they put the TMAX engine in it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts