Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I picked up my 09 yesterday from the dealership and it was raining, but today was sunny all day:cool:

Here's a few pics I snapped at a mountain lake:
Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Car Cruiser
Vehicle Motorcycle Mountain range Lake Highland

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome and congrats. Fine two wheeled choice. Awesome pics.
Thanks brotha! It was an epic day, my bike had about 8km on the odo when I picked it up from the dealer yesterday and at the end of my ride today I had about 140km (80 miles or so for you guys in the US). Absolutely love the thing, I'm too afraid to use any mode except B.. I was smiling in my helmet a few times today and had to convince myself that this toy was all mine. ;)

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What a glorious feel, huh?
You ain't kidding, the biggest bike I ever rode before yesterday was a 2 stroke CR250 the FZ just feels soo much more angry that that. I was feeling good with my control of the bike by the end of today. I really love the gearbox, my shifting was nice and clean and downshifting was very easy to master. I actually found myself just using the gears to slow down at a lot of stop signs.

Reactions: v2Bob and Niner

·
Registered
663 Posts
Looks like a pretty nice spring down there. Of course 99% of the people on here are south of you...except us in Alaska
Mountainous landforms Highland Natural landscape Mountain Wilderness

Of course this was taken in the fall. There is a lot of snow in this area right now. We're still tearing it up on snowmobiles.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
U suc we got feet of snow blah
Even though Vancouver is in Canada, we don't actually get much snow here. Our climate is very similar to Seattle.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Yea..that's what made it seem like an odd choice for the winter Olympics. I guess it's not that far to the snow at least.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Great lookin' bike, lovely scenery and nice weather. Damn...I'm in the wrong province!
Thank you sir! We had a high of around 9°C yesterday and today the forecast is for 12°C (54°F) so I'm gonna commute to work for the first time.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OK stop it now! Your just rubbin' it in. :p
Sorry :D. Since this is Vancouver we will probably get many rainy days before summer finally kicks in, so the jokes on me..

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thank you sir! We had a high of around 9°C yesterday and today the forecast is for 12°C (54°F) so I'm gonna commute to work for the first time.
Frig off Rick! Around -25 here over the weekend but that week of nice weather did melt alot of snow. Beautiful bike man, congrats!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Congrats on picking up the FZ! :) Wish we could get rain right now... looking at possible 40 cm today with winds gusting to 100! At least I get to play with something gas powered that has two wheels... a snowblower... *sigh*

1 - 20 of 25 Posts