Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a hundred and fifty miles with my O'l buddy Dave today.

Dave has an 07 Victory cruiser and is the reason that I am on an FZ today instead of a Ninja 1000.

Last year we did a Malibu run. I had my Ninja 1000. He almost crashed a couple of times trying to keep up. So he began to pine for a more sporty bike.

So I did some research for him and stumbled upon this little gem called an FZ-09. The more I read about it, the more I wanted one. So last February I took the plunge and bought a red one and sold the Ninja. Sooooo glad I did. Most fun bike I have ever owned.

Back to todays ride. Every time I offered my bike to Dave to ride he politely turned down the offer. Well today I told him he had no more excuses. You will ride it today.

So off we went thru the twisties. He was on the red rocket and I was left in the dust on the.... well evil scary POS handling rumble monster. I must say it was comfortable, but that was the only redeeming quality. I was afraid to go faster than 60.

Later when we swapped back he was all smiles. He was quite impressed with the FZ.

Is he going to get one now?.... the jury is still out at this point.

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
I had a wild notion several years ago about buy a second bike (well, actually a third bike) and was considering a cruiser style bike...a VTX1300 Custom. The more I thought about it the more I wanted it and didn't want it.....I know, weird huh! For some reason, I though cruising around on a "cruiser" would be kind of fun for those lazy, take it easy kind of days. Problem was, I just didn't really enjoy riding like that! Problem solved, I ended up buying an ST1300....long distance comfort, sporty enough to ride the twisty stuff and run a decent pace, plenty of room for two up with my wife (we did a 1000 mile Iron Butt two up a couple of years ago on it) and it a good looking bike (in my eyes) to boot! I now find that I have a hard time getting it out to ride though since I bought the FZ09!

Reactions: v2Bob and FZ09Jeff

·
Registered
511 Posts
I heard that Victory might start to make performance bikes now that they have Indian. Liquid cooled and all that. Could be interesting.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts