Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've tried to get my bike started for over a week now at first I was getting codes like sd__19 and sd__60 but I checked all fuses and went over some wiring and the codes disappeared. There's is no response from starter switch at all only when I flip it down to on position I hear the fuel pump priming and everything. But no crank. I've tried to jump the relay by cranking straight from the solenoid but still nothing I've tried to bump start it it turns on for a split second and dies. As well as my PCV has no power now but it is connected. Please if anyone can help me fix my bike, I can't take it into a shop because I bought the bike with bill of sale only.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
bad battery?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
But I also tried with I hooked up to a car battery (with the car off of course) and nothing there's no response from starter switch when attempting to crank only response is when switched to on position I hear fuel pump priming

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I've tried to get my bike started for over a week now at first I was getting codes like sd__19 and sd__60 but I checked all fuses and went over some wiring and the codes disappeared. There's is no response from starter switch at all only when I flip it down to on position I hear the fuel pump priming and everything. But no crank. I've tried to jump the relay by cranking straight from the solenoid but still nothing I've tried to bump start it it turns on for a split second and dies. As well as my PCV has no power now but it is connected. Please if anyone can help me fix my bike, I can't take it into a shop because I bought the bike with bill of sale only.
How does having only a bill of sale prevent you from taking it to a shop....any shop? Im confused. And if you’re only showing <12 volts, that battery is toast

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Unfortunately the shops I've been to say I need title or registration. I have neither for the bike

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Contact the seller and get the title, how are you even riding it without valid registration? And without a title, how do you prove it’s yours?

·
Registered
2016 xsr 900
718 Posts
Unfortunately the shops I've been to say I need title or registration. I have neither for the bike
Just wondering how you ended up with a bike with no title - and what you're going to do with it once you get it running? You can't ride a bike that doesn't have a title on the street.
We 'all' are asking because it kinda sounds like a 'hot' bike - one that was stolen, even if you didn't do the stealing yourself. Its possible that the bike has an 'immobilizer' installed to help prevent theft and we are all a little hesitant to help you find and disable such a device if the bike isn't legally yours.....
Do you have a Multi meter? Do you know how to use it?

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
👆🏻This👆🏻And I find it odd a shop is asking for registration for a service repair. In 30+ years I’ve never been asked for registration unless I’m getting a safety inspection

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I did a VIN check on the bike before and after purchasing it and it's definitely not stolen. I also veiwed previous ownership and it indeed was the person selling it to me . So no the bike is not 'hot'.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Previous owner said he lost the title and couldn't get a new one due to the world being on pause. Dmv offices were closed.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Why buy a bike with no tittle? I mean, yeah the seller is right... But the seller could also be pulling a fast one. So, no tittle, no money from me.

This thread just smells fishy.

·
Registered
2016 xsr 900
718 Posts
I hope you got a really really good deal for a bike that doesn't run and doesn't have a title, once the money changes hands that seller has 0 incentive to help you get a title in your name. Basically what you need to do is start at the starter with your multi meter and work your way down the harness checking for power. Is it safe to assume that you've already checked all the fuses (2x). Your other option is to wait till you get title and then take it to a shop. If you choose to try and fix it yourself do not cut or splice any wires! unplugging and then re-connecting connectors is fine, but cutting stuff will only get you further in a hole. Get yourself a factory manual with a wiring diagram and start tracing the connections from the starter back towards the battery until you find power.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I hope you got a really really good deal for a bike that doesn't run and doesn't have a title, once the money changes hands that seller has 0 incentive to help you get a title in your name. Basically what you need to do is start at the starter with your multi meter and work your way down the harness checking for power. Is it safe to assume that you've already checked all the fuses (2x). Your other option is to wait till you get title and then take it to a shop. If you choose to try and fix it yourself do not cut or splice any wires! unplugging and then re-connecting connectors is fine, but cutting stuff will only get you further in a hole. Get yourself a factory manual with a wiring diagram and start tracing the connections from the starter back towards the battery until you find power.
Well I have checked all fuses (3x) and when I bought the bike it was running perfectly fine. Until last week . I rode it everyday until then, and yes I actually did get a really good deal on it, it's a 14 with 9k miles I got it for 3300 and the bill of sale is signed with owners signature and his full address in case of anything

·
Registered
2016 xsr 900
718 Posts
What changed right before it quit working? You rode it, parked it and then....?

·
Registered
2020 MT-09
756 Posts
I know you are checking battery voltage in static condition but have you tested it under a load? A battery can have proper voltage but a bad cell which will cause it not to start. Can pull it out and have it tested at a auto parts store or watch you dmm while you attempt to crank the bike and see what your drop is.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok sorry for late reply I missed out on a couple of key factors. I was attempting to install a mlock RFID and a wire touched metal and after that bike wouldn't start

1 - 20 of 32 Posts