Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 401 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
Most likely not, for me. I've got an ST1300 also, for the longer days/trips that offers very good wind protection. The FZ is going to be my twisties and shorter trips bike. Hopefully it will be comfortable for some 300-350 mile days down into N. GA.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Windsheild or fly screen?

I for one think a windsheild would look bogus, but a flyscreen ala the other naked "hooligan-ish" bikes out there may tie the headlight in better.

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'm sure Yamaha will have a flyscreen for it that will look good.

IMO there is a little too much space between the light & gauges. I bet it will mount using 4 bolts........:)

·
Registered
139 Posts
2014-Yamaha-FZ9-15-635x423.jpg

There are four bolts above the headlight. Looks like a fly screen or something similar goes there. click on pic to expand...

Attachments

·
Registered
300 Posts
Windshield no. Fly-screen yes. I'm sure Yamaha will have one available as an accessory when the bike is available for sale (Yamaha has already said accessories will be revealed soon). That's what the 4 screws are for. I had the fly-screen and visor on both my Street Triple R's, just because I thought it improved the looks. I hope the fly-screen Yamaha puts out does the same thing.

·
Registered
272 Posts
People will be all over this bike, I bet there will be alot of choices for sheilds and screens in a short time. I would like to have both , one for long rides and one for day rideswith the four bolt mounting it wouls take only a minute to change.:

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
People will be all over this bike, I bet there will be alot of choices for sheilds and screens in a short time. I would like to have both , one for long rides and one for day rideswith the four bolt mounting it wouls take only a minute to change.:
I was thinking the same thing, Yamaha parts for the around town shield, and a taller aftermarket unit for road trips.

·
Registered
139 Posts
2014_YAM_ACC-BLT_1RC-F2837-00-00_STU_001a_HR.jpg

A side note, We now see why some of the early bike pics had mesh intake covers, and some didn't. An accessory purchasable by all...tp

·
Registered
340 Posts
I have an adjustable Givi Airflow on my Vstrom and it rocks.
I would love to see Givi make a mini version of this for the FZ-09 sport touring crowd
It adjusts up and down on the fly (if your careful) about 8 inches and is very effective, even at its bottom lockable position,
because of its stacked 2-fold design.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
I'm sure Yamaha will have a flyscreen for it that will look good.

IMO there is a little too much space between the light & gauges. I bet it will mount using 4 bolts........:)

THey already have a factory fit flysreen in Europe and Canada through Yamaha Accessories.

1 - 20 of 401 Posts