Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
all the research says they are the same. I see that they have accessories for the MT-09 but not yet available for the FZ-09 this is funny due to them saying they are the same bike no?? if I order MT-09 parts shouldn't they bolt on to my bike??

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was looking at yamaha parts and accessories and they have stuff for the MT-09 but not the FZ-09.:dontknow:

·
Registered
671 Posts
The market for FZ-09 accessories in the US is small compared to Europe. Here, most motorcycle riders are on cruisers, not naked sport bikes. Therefore Yamaha sells where the customers are.

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
This will change very soon.

The FZ-09 was released at the end of the riding season. Believe me, at this price point with this much power, this bike is gonna be selling like crazy come July. They might even run out of them. Accessories will be flowing soon.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If i buy MT-09 parts on the yamaha site it should bolt on, right.

·
Registered
221 Posts
^^ I think so yes.. I would buy it

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Yes....they are the same bike, just different label. The M monicker has significance in the euro market (eg the M1 race bike)...T stands for triple, and FZ has more significance in the USA...many bike over the years carried the FZ label.

It's just marketing nonsense...or so I've read

·
Registered
127 Posts
The name change is only because here in North America, the MT series wasn't a big seller, not as the fz series was. Like FZ6, FZ8, FZ6R, FZ1, etc...
And the MT is for Maximum Torque, not T fro triple, as the MT01 ,MT03 and MT07 got twin and single cylinder.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts