Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After eight months of modifications, I have pretty close to the final product.

A few days ago, I installed the Rizoma tail light, gave her a wash, and took a couple of pictures:

Right side

Left side

Front

The bike is now so agile, smooth, and quick--such a joy to ride.

Here are the mods:

Penske 8983 Rear Shock with 600lb/in Spring. Custom tuned by Penske and Stoltec Moto
GP Suspension Fork Kit. Compression Valve; Rebound Pistion; Rebound Needle; Fork Springs (0.09kg/mm). Install by Stoltec Moto
Engine Control Unit (ECU) Reflash by Stoltec Moto
EJK Electronic Fuel Kit. Vendor, Marthy Exhaust
Graves Smog Plates
Akrapovic Titanium Full Exhaust
Spiegler Brake Lines Front and Rear; Black/Silver Fittings and Bolts
Speigler Speed Bleeder
EBC Double-H Sintered Superbike Brake Pads
Fabbri Windscreen
Rizoma Action LED Turn Signals
Rizoma Tail Light
Peg Pivot Kit (Removable pegs for easy reversal and jack stand use)
Painted Rear Brake Fluid Reservoir
Woodcraft Frame Sliders

I did the important stuff first (suspension and fueling) and at this point have only a few things left on the wish list: new seat, handlebar, and levers.

·
Registered
37 Posts
those wheels set that bike off so well, but that taillight is seriously the best upgrade! Its amazing how much it helps the rear of the bike. Well done...

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
great photos - that front screen is growing on me...

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Nicely done!
Sweet bike!
Thanks for the list. "Hey honey, I've gotta go shoppin'!"

Reactions: Alley Oop

·
Registered
150 Posts
Phenomenal photos and an overall solid build... absolutely love it! Very well done sir!

·
Registered
3 Posts
That's a neat windscreen! Does it help with the wind at speed?

BTW? I don't get the wheel hate? I love the burple and think it really does set the bike off. I would like to see white w/gold wheels to match the gold forks.

Well done! Very clean!

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I love the (Yamaha racing) blue wheels, too.

As for the windscreen, it does smooth out the flow a bit (which is worth something) and raises the flow maybe a couple inches. But I wouldn't say you get any real wind or weather protection.

It definitely protects the instruments and wiring from bugs and finishes the look of the front.

Thanks for the compliments!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Gorgeous. When I had first seen the screen on another forum I immediately disliked it. But seeing it on a clean bike, and the same color as mine, it is seriously growing on me. The titanium akro matches the bike too. It looks like you have the DB killer in, if so is it any louder than stock? It is hard to find a good video to compare.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It looks like you have the DB killer in, if so is it any louder than stock? It is hard to find a good video to compare.
Do not remove the DB killer! Trust me.

The Akra is about the same volume as stock, but the tone is fantastic.

And you definitely notice an extra kick in the pants after it's installed. Couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Do not remove the DB killer! Trust me.

The Akra is about the same volume as stock, but the tone is fantastic.

And you definitely notice an extra kick in the pants after it's installed. Couldn't be happier.
BINGO!!! You read my mind. Hope to purchase the same Akra system this winter. Didn't want something nasty loud...just the change of tone and a bit of performance boost. NICE!!!:cool:

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
Very nice Mr. Oop!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts