Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A dealer that is about a hour and a half from me has test rides on the 09 next weekend,which is great!
The problem is that my local dealer has one in the color and price that i like but not sure if they would hold it for me while i wait for the test ride.
Just wondering what you fellow riders suggest is a good plan of action for me? Thanks

·
Registered
280 Posts
Put a deposit on one at your local dealer and tell them you're testing another dealers bikes.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The dealer was alittle strange... he had a red fz-09 on floor,which i liked but wanted to dealer trade to get another because he had a free interest floor plan from yamaha for 5 months on the one in shop! My thoughts that any sale is good,guess not!

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
A dealer that is about a hour and a half from me has test rides on the 09 next weekend,which is great!
The problem is that my local dealer has one in the color and price that i like but not sure if they would hold it for me while i wait for the test ride.
Just wondering what you fellow riders suggest is a good plan of action for me? Thanks
I bought mine without ever riding one. I have zero regrets.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bought mine without ever riding one. I have zero regrets.
I just figured that i am so close to buying one that it would be worth it to wait a week and take a test ride.
Its the bike i want but thought id see how the supposed snatchy throttle feels in all modes.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
I think the throttle issues vary from one 09 to another, same ECU but different throttle cable play, throttle position sensor, and throttle body balance. All can be taken care of, whether or not you test ride know that going in.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I am more of a finesse rider so the throttle is not a big issue for me. I really like how snappy the response is.

A little smoother might be nice but I would hate to give up the nice deceleration when you shut off the gas.

Engine braking sure saves the brakes.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My plan is to wait for the test ride next weekend,just hope the weather holds out!!I figure its smart to test ride a FZ-09 seeing that i have a chance to.
I plan on buying one if all feels right on the ride and i have waited this long so 5 days wont kill me!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts