Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone priced out buying the parts to make the FZ-09 a street rally here in the States. I asked my inside Yamaha rep if they were planning on making the Street Rally Kit available in the US market anytime soon, and he said he had not heard of any plans to do so. I was thinking about calling a dealer in Europe and seeing if the could order me at least the hand guard assembly and the little front fender bill right beneath headlight. I was wondering if anyone has already thought of this and maybe priced it out with shipping here to the States.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Well the FZ09/MT09 's designer Shun Miyazawa designed the bike to be a "roadster motard". Which I guess is supposed to be a standard motorcycle with the spirit and ergos of a motard. The Street Rally seat makes the seat height higher so that's what it could be: A torquey standard/roadster/streetfighter bike with the feel of supermoto.

People who want a sport bike but ride it like a supermoto?

Reactions: jmcghee41

·
Registered
192 Posts
I was talking about this with my dealer today - he's certain they will release this as a kit in the future, but hasn't heard anything yet. Considering how horrible Yamaha has been getting any accessories out the door, I don't expect this any time soon, unfortunately.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
I can see an Adventure bike version of the 09 in the future. After you own one for few months... you understand what Yam was saying about this bike to be a platform for models to come.

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
That triple will work well in many different bikes. The engine and price point will create a buying frenzy when warm weather comes, they might just run out of these bikes. this will also cause the other factories to come out with similar bikes. Of course, honda will probably come out with a 35 hp triple 700 with flames and a helmet compartment.

Personally, I think that rally kit is ugly but beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts